By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583

I'M CRYING!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
I'M CRYING!

it wasnt that bad...

Seriously how anyone can keep saying this game doesn't look phenomenal and blow everything else at least on consoles is beyond me, the visuals in the trailer were astonishing, definitely surpassed that early reveal. This section of gameplay showed that the E3 segment was rendered in real time on PS4, there's no downgrade, the level of mist in the E3 build is much greater, lighting is different (remember current gen has dynamic lighting) and there's the level of moisture and a very close look at Nate's face.

Reading the earlier comment from the guy saying he thinks the opener is CG was hilarious, developers can't do that with such seamless transitions unless there's time to load the video file from the HDD, there wasn't even a split second for a camera change to let that happen.
As for the whole panning in close and seeing more detail, as others have said it's called Level of Detail and every game has it, it's no different than real life really, you don't see the finest details of objects until you get your eyeballs closer to what you're trying to look at, you people think that you'd be able to pick out the fibers on your curtains from 10 metres away? No? Didn't think so.

The amount of people downplaying this game, it's downright immature, obviously the other extremes of saying it looks like real life are also ridiculous, but I think saying it's realistic and drastically beyond pretty much anything seen on a platform to date is actually pretty much bang on the money. If these people are unimpressed then they've been either over expecting or they need their eyes checked. Maybe they've not watched a decent stream or something, but the reality is that from a technical point of view the amount of stuff going on in the visuals department is immense, this hasn't been done like this in a game before.

The realistic movement of the foliage, the physics of material interaction, stuff like collision detection, how the models actually look like their walking on the surfaces they're meant to, the water effects.
The thing that really got me was all of the particle effects, like how the mist hangs and moves in the air.

The lighting is beyond gorgeous, how it effects everything in the scene.

None of the stuff shown looked scripted too me, especially when Nate climbs up the loose rocks to get to his "brother" (definitely sounded like Troy Baker too me), they look like their falling as they should, with weight.

The additions to gameplay, bigger environment than seen previously in an Uncharted or even The Last of Us.
It really does seem like you can explore that island.

The level of polish actually reinforces my thoughts that this could very well be a late Q2 early Q3 release.

I can't wait for this, I get why all of the haters are so salty, but it is pretty sad IMO.

Looks good, but I am personally not a fan of jungle environments. Hope there are more landscapes to traverse.

estebxx said:
Chevinator123 said:
noooo i cant download that gamersyde video :(

Believe it or not, but i dont have bittorrent lol

you can still watch a better version of the trailer on that site, but obviously its not as good as the 1.65 gb version... but hey at least its better than the youtube compressed video.

riderz13371 said:
Chevinator123 said:
noooo i cant download that gamersyde video :(

Believe it or not, but i dont have bittorrent lol

You can stream it. Or just download uTorrent...It's super easy.

I did manage to find a mega download link on gaf and its been color corrected

chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!NBcA3BiK!AB4PDO0ni2ZvTPDpjXmsQRu2Ttaw-KuvAZFMtlDQdwo

Around the Network
JustBeingReal said:

Seriously how anyone can keep saying this game doesn't look phenomenal and blow everything else at least on consoles is beyond me, the visuals in the trailer were astonishing, definitely surpassed that early reveal. This section of gameplay showed that the E3 segment was rendered in real time on PS4, there's no downgrade, the level of mist in the E3 build is much greater, lighting is different (remember current gen has dynamic lighting) and there's the level of moisture and a very close look at Nate's face.

Reading the earlier comment from the guy saying he thinks the opener is CG was hilarious, developers can't do that with such seamless transitions unless there's time to load the video file from the HDD, there wasn't even a split second for a camera change to let that happen.
As for the whole panning in close and seeing more detail, as others have said it's called Level of Detail and every game has it, it's no different than real life really, you don't see the finest details of objects until you get your eyeballs closer to what you're trying to look at, you people think that you'd be able to pick out the fibers on your curtains from 10 metres away? No? Didn't think so.

The amount of people downplaying this game, it's downright immature, obviously the other extremes of saying it looks like real life are also ridiculous, but I think saying it's realistic and drastically beyond pretty much anything seen on a platform to date is actually pretty much bang on the money. If these people are unimpressed then they've been either over expecting or they need their eyes checked. Maybe they've not watched a decent stream or something, but the reality is that from a technical point of view the amount of stuff going on in the visuals department is immense, this hasn't been done like this in a game before.

The realistic movement of the foliage, the physics of material interaction, stuff like collision detection, how the models actually look like their walking on the surfaces they're meant to, the water effects.
The thing that really got me was all of the particle effects, like how the mist hangs and moves in the air.

None of the stuff shown looked scripted too me, especially when Nate climbs up the loose rocks to get to his "brother" (definitely sounded like Troy Baker too me), they look like their falling as they should, with weight.

The additions to gameplay, bigger environment than seen previously in an Uncharted or even The Last of Us.

The level of polish actually reinforces my thoughts that this could very well be a late Q2 early Q3 release.

I can't wait for this, I get why all of the haters are so salty, but it is pretty sad IMO.

pretty much agree on everything there sir, dont understand how people can say this game looks awful... the gameplay, the graphics, the animations, the new stealth system everything looks great, also people where complaining of the game being unrealistic because Drake took 10 bullets and didnt die... LOL of course because the guy playing the game is obviously playing on easy (or he just have "god mode" enabled), afterall they dont want to F#ck up in front of the audience, and if you have played uncharted on higher difficulties you know the game can be challenging... and if they took the ai from TLOU then its gonna be beyond hard, anyone who played TLOU in Grounded mode knows how brutal the game can be..

and the reason why Drakes brother sounded like Troy Baker is because it is Troy Baker.

estebxx said:
JustBeingReal said:

pretty much agree on everything there sir, dont understand how people can say this game looks awful... the gameplay, the graphics, the animations, the new stealth system everything looks great, also people where complaining of the game being unrealistic because Drake took 10 bullets and didnt die... LOL of course because the guy playing the game is obviously playing on easy (or he just have "god mode" enabled), afterall they dont want to F#ck up in front of the audience, and if you have played uncharted on higher difficulties you know the game can be challenging... and if they took the ai from TLOU then its gonna be beyond hard, anyone who played TLOU in Grounded mode knows how brutal the game can be..

and the reason why Drakes brother sounded like Troy Baker is because it is Troy Baker.

Coolbeanz. :D

I can't wait, but I fear there will have to be some selective buying of games next year, hopefully funds will allow me to buy everything I'd like, time constraints for being able to play them all is a huge concern too. :O  Uncharted 4 will definitely have to be one I have too have, the gameplay just looks too much fun to miss and I must know who the Thief is that the title is refferring to, it could be Drake, it could be Sully, his Brother or even something to do with Sir Francis's final journey.

I definitely agree on the whole difficulty thing, falling off of a ledge by an accidental button press is one thing (I think it was intentional to show it was real time, haters would have been saying it's CG otherwise), even the AI can get more intelligent, although I can see there are definite improvements in that area, those NPC's seem far more aware than in past Uncharteds, very TLOU.

I was always too much of a coward to play many of these games on too high a difficulty, think I play on normal or easy for TLOU, same for Uncharted LMAO.

Yeah I was sure that was Troy, I've also been hearing the helmsman guy from Firefly and Serenity in a few games like Arkham Knight and Dying Light, I wonder if he'll pop up as well, the voice over artists seem like a pretty tight community and pop in and out of a lot of recent games.

Anyway what's the betting this Uncharted sells over 10 million units? I can see this game even pushing Uncharted up to GT's top sales level, especially if the mulitplayer is really great.

Gave it some time, and looked at all of the responses, and video feeds I could find. It has been a very hilarious journey, some of the posts on here and around the net are down right hysterical. No this game is not the hands down best looking thing we have ever seen, but then again, it is also not a downgrade from the E3 footage making Naughty Dog a bunch of liars either. This is simply a very nice looking piece of early footage from a less impressive part, of what is sure to be one of the best looking games at the time it releases.

Todays footage showed off a nice open landscape that was very accessible. We saw nice little gameplay improvments over previous installations in the series. Both animation and physics were amoung the best, if not the best I have seen. Lighting was very good (more on that in a sec). Textures and Polygon count looked to be right were I would expect them for a top end game in the current market. Overall, it is a very good looking simple piece of a game nearly a year out.

Now onto the lighting. This is one of the most important aspects of this generation. Just like in real life light source, material properties, and reflective properties play a major role in the way things look. So things are going to look very different in a sunny day, or a cloudy day, in natural light or artificial, or by fire light or moon light. They will also vary based on sufrace property and reflection. So a wet t-shirt will look different than a dry one, and a dry one will look different if it is clean or dirty. Skin, leather, metal, ect all take on a different look depending on many different factors.

That leads us to the E3 vs PSX footage. In the E3 footage, drake was dripping wet, the properties of his skin, his gun strap, his shirt, and his hair were all very different. The lighting source was different, and much more direct due to the clear night sky. In contrast, the PSX footage was on a very overcast day, with a mostly dry Drake, in a mostly showdowed area. That is the only reason there is any difference between this footage, and the E3 footage. Niether is better or worse, they are just different times and circumstances.

Really, this is the same uninformed agenda pushing crap we have seen all gen from both XBO and PS camps. At this point I just find it amusing. Anyhow, I look forward to seeing this game, and finally getting my hands on it next year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Yeah, gameplay is more fluid and dinamic, it's like playing an action movie. This game will blow me away.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Just Brilliant! cant wait!