By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you say to Microsoft's absence?

What do you say to Microsoft's absence?

I am very disappointed by Microsoft. 66 25.68%

I think it is not importa... 28 10.89%

no new announcements makes me sad. 21 8.17%

I do not care. 99 38.52%

I really hoped for Persona 5 or DQ Heroes... 7 2.72%

see results 36 14.01%

Total:257

Hello all : ) I was wondering what you think of Microsoft / What do you say to Microsoft's absence?? Microsoft was not on the "Game Awards". My friends talk about it right now and the people on the Internet. MS say: "Since many have asked we are not planning any new game announcements". Are you disappointed or is it you care? This week there were some announcements for the PS4 and on weekends it continues. Nintendo was also there too. This thread is intended to lead to a proper discussion with personal opinions. There are also people who do not care that the competition presents new stuff and MS not.

This is my personal opinion:

I found my Xbox360 really great. But with the Xbox One I'm not interested. Microsoft has a lot of money, but the players see nothing, I think. I was a MS Fanboy 2010-2012, oh man..well.. But what do you say to Microsoft's absence? Please talk in this thread about it. The issue seems to be discussed in many Internet forums to time. I'm curious about your feelings and opinions.

Around the Network

Maybe MS thought they're news would get drowned out by PSX? Makes sense for them to have their own similar event next year where they can control the message.

The first two years of Xbox 360 were amazing. Blue dragon, gears of war, mass effect etc blew us away. While everyone kept saying just wait for PS3 but Xbox 360 was incredible. After 2009 it turned out to be COD / Halo system. They didnt invested much in new games. Plus now a days making a new IP is risky and time consuming. Original vision of Xbox One was like later Xbox 360, appealing casuals. Now Microsoft has realized and investing in new IP. But I think its too late. Compared two main rivals they have less exclusives to show. Whatever they have they are saving for E3. This is why they replayed already released games.

Ka-pi96 said:

Would like to see some announcements. But Sony/Nintendo didn't have any noteworthy ones either. It was all games we already knew about or indies, so don't really care that they weren't there.

Exactly, they only thing cool shown was the extended look at Zelda.

It's a games awards not CES. What did anyone show besides Zelda?

Around the Network

It was odd that they weren't there even if it was just to present an award rather than announce anything.

I think they have very little to show.

Due to Sony's first party having a quiet year, and Japan being slightly slower to transition to new consoles, people have forgotten just how big the gap is between how many console exclusives end up on Playstation compared to Xbox. Sony have enough that they can have a big presence at 4 events this year, MS don't have enough exclusives to do the same.

The next big exclusive for X1 is nine months away, so they haven't got upcoming games that are almost finished like The Order and Bloodborne to show off. So it looks as though they would rather not bother than have another CGI trailer for an already announced game or at best, a very shot gameplay clip

Gamz said:
It's a games awards not CES. What did anyone show besides Zelda?

Metal Gear Online, Until Dawn gameplay, Order 1886 gameplay, Bloodborne gameplay, Gone Home Dev's new game, Dungeon Defenders 2 (ps4 console exclusive), S.T.E.A.M Gameplay, Human Element, new game by devs of Brothers Tale of Two Sons. New Kings Quest, Mario Maker and a little bit of Majora's Mask 3d.

Quite a lot.

Edit: Wow I forgot No Man's Sky.

daredevil.shark said:
The first two years of Xbox 360 were amazing.

You are sooo right my friend. it was fantastic. that was for the gamer, this time was sooo great for me. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that in recent years have microsoft less and less interest in their xbox.

in recent days ... @ka-pi96

new trailer for "the order1886", "bloodborne", the godzilla-game coming for ps4 too, new trailer to "until dawn" and the release date, "super stardust ultra for ps4 and two new indie games, new stuff to "amplitude" and "resogun". on the weekend more games too (streetfighter 5, uncharted 4 and perhaps persona5). That is quite a lot, or you think not ?  I can not understand why Microsoft has nothing to show. I thought Microsoft would like to surprise us at this year's award show, but they really were not there. Personally, I expect more of microsoft that earns a lot of money with the Xbox One.

Where were the megatons at? Did I miss them? Sony showed games we all knew about. Nintendo was Nintendo. Nothing there. All Microsoft could do was maybe make trailers for games we already know is coming. Thats lame. Just save your stuff for E3.