By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you say to Microsoft's absence?

What do you say to Microsoft's absence?

I am very disappointed by Microsoft. 66 25.68%

I think it is not importa... 28 10.89%

no new announcements makes me sad. 21 8.17%

I do not care. 99 38.52%

I really hoped for Persona 5 or DQ Heroes... 7 2.72%

see results 36 14.01%

Total:257

It is a bit odd to say the least since Nintendo also has ND and Sony has PSX but Microsoft doesn't seem to have anything like that either so I was expecting something from them

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Sony has an event planned...Nintendo had some big news to drop last night...it would seem MS has used up all their cards currently and have nothing new to show. Will probably have to wait til E3 to see anything from them.

Microsoft have "too many games" scheduled for October 2015. See you in 10 months.

My 8th gen collection

Jimbo1337 said:
Dusk said:

As weird as this might sound. It almost feels like something nefarious is happening. Is MS's big push to sell consoles just to get them out there then pull out? No new announcements is a pretty big thing if you ask me. Just sit back and rely on third parties to make the game list? Kind of pull a Vita.

Microsoft said in a previous interview that they were not going to showcase any game trailers during the award ceremony because they had nothing new to show.  Phil Spencer also said that you can 100% guarantee that they are also ALWAYS working on a new IP at any point in time.  They have new announcements; however, I believe they want to reserve that for E3.

Do you find it surprising that Microsoft relies heavily on third party games to move their system?  They did that all of last generation...

I think you missed my point... but yeah, I do find it odd that they rely heavily on thirds. if they decide to support them less then they are scre

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Nothing to show huh, I don't even think people even try anymore.

Quantum Break-Playable
Scalebound-Playable
Rare New IP-Playable
Scream Ride-Playable
Ori and the Blind Forest-Playable
State of Decay-Playable
Halo 5 Beta-Playable
Fable Legends-Playable

These are all games Spencer or his staff have commented about playing or someone gave an update. This doesn't even include other potential games they could have updated us on like Crackdown, Phantom Dust, Tomb Raider, or what those 6 new studious are up to. MSFT didn't miss anything by skipping VGA's, the show was below mediocre and when they said half way point I turned it off. MSFT could be planning their own event for all we know, I'm sure the DX12 releases it will have it's own showcase.

Around the Network

Funny thing none of the 2 other publishers had anything new to reveal but 3rd parties.

It,s not a big deal. Sony barely shows new gameplay. It was maybe 6 minutes combined of all their games together. And the only reason they showed was probably to promote the Playstation Experiencce the next day, which they namedropped like 5 times. The video game awards, since it has gone online exclusively in 2013 and went ''screw corporations, look how integral we are now'', is not the place where new and big game reveals are made anymore. The big corporations don,t bother anymore All the new game reveals were indies, so it is really not a big deal

Yeah its not good. No good exclusive but Ori will come out for the X1 next year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Slade6alpha said:
Why would they show anything when today is Sonys event....

At the game awards, anyone could of showed something. That's what this thread was talking about.

Microsoft doesn't need to reveal anything until E3. I'd rather they reveal their games when they are confident they can hit a release date. I bet if they truly wanted to, like Sony and Nintendo, they could show some new games, but they probably wouldn't release for another 1.5+ years. No game developer or publisher wants to go through what Square went through with FFXV or Sony with TLG or even Ubisoft with Watch_Dogs.