By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What do you say to Microsoft's absence?

What do you say to Microsoft's absence?

I am very disappointed by Microsoft. 66 25.68%

I think it is not importa... 28 10.89%

no new announcements makes me sad. 21 8.17%

I do not care. 99 38.52%

I really hoped for Persona 5 or DQ Heroes... 7 2.72%

see results 36 14.01%

Total:257
todd2r said:
Where were the megatons at? Did I miss them? Sony showed games we all knew about. Nintendo was Nintendo. Nothing there. All Microsoft could do was maybe make trailers for games we already know is coming. Thats lame. Just save your stuff for E3.

Smaller, non-megaton stuff sure. No arguing that.

But any kind of hype for early 2015 stuff is needed, when the next "big" show is actually in the Summer.

Around the Network
todd2r said:
Where were the megatons at? Did I miss them? Sony showed games we all knew about. Nintendo was Nintendo. Nothing there. All Microsoft could do was maybe make trailers for games we already know is coming. Thats lame. Just save your stuff for E3.

The PlayStation Experience is today so sony were never going to announce anything. Nintendo's 2015 lineup is already packed. Microsoft have quite a few exclusives coming up too but they need to start giving dates because currently there's absolutely nothing till fall 2015. If they don't announce anything before e3 then the first half of 2015 will be completely empty for Xbox.

Well they don't have anything to show, that's if we want to talk about a fact which is a sad thing.

Maybe they have nothing to show, or nothing they wish to share with the audience? Maybe they are planning a huge 5 day event showcasing dozens of 1st party games? Maybe they were upset because their games don't win awards?
Maybe they know that nothing they show can beat Nintendo and Sony offerings?

In the end, it's only their loss, I'd be fine if they continue to not show anything.

Nothing new is it? MS have not had a presence at a number of game conferences down the years because they had nothing to show!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Would like to see some announcements. But Sony/Nintendo didn't have any noteworthy ones either. It was all games we already knew about or indies, so don't really care that they weren't there.

We weren't supposed to know about the Street Fighter V announcement, that was leaked early.  Even still it was a big announcement for that show.  If Sony no showed we wouldn't have found out about that.

Edit: Or was that for the Playstation event?  Idk I got them confused.

I don't get why people say they have nothing to show. I don't remember anything new from Sony or Nintendo. They could have showed up with some non gameplay of Quantum Break, some updates to Forza Horizon, a tease for Crackdown 3, maybe some non gameplay for State of Decay, and some Halo 5 CG and they would have shown just as much as the other guys, but it's all stuff we know about already. The show was pretty disappointing for me in regards to games shown. To me, "world premiere" should be used to describe something a little bigger than a non playable The Order cinematic, for example.

original xbox 1 is best xbox

KazumaKiryu said:

Hello all : ) I was wondering what you think of Microsoft / What do you say to Microsoft's absence?? Microsoft was not on the "Game Awards". My friends talk about it right now and the people on the Internet. MS say: "Since many have asked we are not planning any new game announcements". Are you disappointed or is it you care?  This week there were some announcements for the PS4 and on weekends it continues. Nintendo was also there too. This thread is intended to lead to a proper discussion with personal opinions. There are also people who do not care that the competition presents new stuff and MS not.

This is my personal opinion:

I found my Xbox360 really great. But with the Xbox One I'm not interested. Microsoft has a lot of money, but the players see nothing, I think. But what do you say to Microsoft's absence? Please talk in this thread about it. The issue seems to be discussed in many Internet forums to time. I'm curious about your feelings and opinions.

As weird as this might sound. It almost feels like something nefarious is happening. Is MS's big push to sell consoles just to get them out there then pull out? No new announcements is a pretty big thing if you ask me. Just sit back and rely on third parties to make the game list? Kind of pull a Vita.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Barkley said:
todd2r said:

The PlayStation Experience is today so sony were never going to announce anything. Nintendo's 2015 lineup is already packed. Microsoft have quite a few exclusives coming up too but they need to start giving dates because currently there's absolutely nothing till fall 2015. If they don't announce anything before e3 then the first half of 2015 will be completely empty for Xbox.

Well, Phil did say that only Sep-Dec matters, so maybe early 2015 will be bare.