By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U successor 2017 or 2018?

Wii U successor 2017 or 2018

2017 142 41.76%

2018 142 41.76%

Later 56 16.47%

Total:340

I did thread like this for 3DS' successor.Seems to generate modest amount of debate even if these threads are common so when do you think Wii U's successor will release 2017,2018 or later? I think 2018,6 years.

Around the Network

They will keep it on the market until it reaches 100m. As a punishment and deterrent for future consoles to not sell worse than Wii.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think they will go with a 2017 announcement + release, I just don't see them doing a 6 year cycle with a low selling console! Hopefully they will launch with a big title though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Minor plot twist: It's a fully portable version of WiiU that can sync up to your TV

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

2018, because i think that in 2017 will coming a new DS.

Around the Network

Probably 2017!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

fleischr said:

Minor plot twist: It's a fully portable version of WiiU that can sync up to your TV

If it meant combining Nintendo's handheld and console resources onto a single platform I'd be just fine with that idea.

I'd probably say 2017 with these poor sales.

]

fleischr said:

WiiU will last for two generations.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

spurgeonryan said:
vivster said:
They will keep it on the market until it reaches 100m. As a punishment and deterrent for future consoles to not sell worse than Wii.

I will have to pass my Wii U on in my will so that my children continue to support it then!

Umm...end of 2017.

What you should do with your will is spend all your inheritance on Wii Us.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.