By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK: DriveClub sales jump 999% during Black Friday week

Bunduru effect confirmed.
Doesn't matter how crap a game is, if its bundle its gonna sell with the right price

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:
btw. that >50k figure for driveclub (standalone + bundles) is correct.

some massive Hardware sales this week in uk. (black flag is just below 42.9k Units.)

so MAYBE ~45k ps4 driveclub bundles and ~40k xb1 asscreed bundles alone
+ all the other ps4 and xb1 bundles

binary solo said:
prinz_valium said:
btw. that >50k figure for driveclub (standalone + bundles) is correct.

some massive Hardware sales this week in uk. (black flag is just below 42.9k Units.)

so MAYBE ~45k ps4 driveclub bundles and ~40k xb1 asscreed bundles alone
+ all the other ps4 and xb1 bundles

Black flag is more like 25K, based on VGC numbers. ~7200 previous week 353% increase = ~25K.

cod:aw xb1 is 42.9k this week according to offical (math and pr based) numbers
black flag xb1 is just 1 spot behind cod:aw xb1 in the individual chart.

cod:aw ps4 version is at 31.6k units and 3 spots behind black flag xb1 in the indivitual chart
the vgc number is incorrect ofc

You'll have to educate me on that maths. How did you figure out that Xb one version of ACBF sold ~11K the previous week?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

CGI-Quality said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Doesn't matter how crap a game is, if its bundle its gonna sell with the right price

Good thing DRIVECLUB isn't crap then, eh? :)

It's not a crap but at some point  money is tight for some people and more great games is coming, and i dont see drive club as a selling point, people will choose another games like The last of Us or GTA for this month, i am not saying the games is bad, but it just a surpise

The game is totally worth buying. GT is the better racer no contest, challenges are a way harder on GT5 but races and opponents are a lot harder on DC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

HollyGamer said:
CGI-Quality said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Good thing DRIVECLUB isn't crap then, eh? :)

It's not a crap but at some point  money is tight for some people and more great games is coming, and i dont see drive club as a selling point, people will choose another games like The last of Us or GTA for this month, i am not saying the games is bad, but it just a surpise

Yep cause racing in GTA is pretty much the same experience, same as those driving sections in The last of us :)
With a choice between year old NFS Rivals, The Crew and DC for your racing fix, DC stands way on top.

I like all those games, bought them all too. Yet I have spend around 80 hours racing in DC and haven't started GTA5 yet, had to finish the DC DLC first, then I kept playing again. So addictive.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
You'd think by now people would realise that percentages don't mean shit.

Except they do now since we know with some degree of certainty how much DC sold the week before.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com