By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK: DriveClub sales jump 999% during Black Friday week

Kresnik said:
I bought a PS4 Driveclub bundle over the weekend. It was too good a deal not to jump in on if you wanted the console, imo. £300 for PS4 + Driveclub (physical) + TLOU (digital). Could always sell Driveclub if you didn't want it.

Exactly the same here. Highfive! 

*highfives*

But yeah the queues outside, let alone inside, GAME were crazy. So this is not surprising.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:
btw. that >50k figure for driveclub (standalone + bundles) is correct.

some massive Hardware sales this week in uk. (black flag is just below 42.9k Units.)

so MAYBE ~45k ps4 driveclub bundles and ~40k xb1 asscreed bundles alone
+ all the other ps4 and xb1 bundles

what other bundles do the X1 and PS4 have in the UK? And any idea how they might have sold. Doesn't matter if you're way off just wanted to get an idea. 

the white sso bundle and special cod edition, are still availabe in the uk. also many retailer bundles with the normal green sku and free games
ps4 was selling as standalone and has the gtav and the far cry 4 bundle. also many retailer bundles with the normal sku and free games (no special boxart)

xb1 and ps4 sold about the same. no console won last week. we dont have a number. but the sold over 50k each for sure. thats a save assumption

binary solo said:
prinz_valium said:
btw. that >50k figure for driveclub (standalone + bundles) is correct.

some massive Hardware sales this week in uk. (black flag is just below 42.9k Units.)

so MAYBE ~45k ps4 driveclub bundles and ~40k xb1 asscreed bundles alone
+ all the other ps4 and xb1 bundles

Black flag is more like 25K, based on VGC numbers. ~7200 previous week 353% increase = ~25K.

cod:aw xb1 is 42.9k this week according to offical (math and pr based) numbers
black flag xb1 is just 1 spot behind cod:aw xb1 in the individual chart.

cod:aw ps4 version is at 31.6k units and 3 spots behind black flag xb1 in the indivitual chart
the vgc number is incorrect ofc

prinz_valium said:

the white sso bundle and special cod edition, are still availabe in the uk. also many retailer bundles with the normal green sku and free games
ps4 was selling as standalone and has the gtav and the far cry 4 bundle. also many retailer bundles with the normal sku and free games (no special boxart)

xb1 and ps4 sold about the same. no console won last week. we dont have a number. but the sold over 50k each for sure. thats a save assumption

you could be right of course but i doubt they're the same.  i think you've over estimated the AC bundle sales a bit no? 

And is the 360 victory a lock or is it likely the 3DS?

Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:

you could be right of course but i doubt they're the same.  i think you've over estimated the AC bundle sales a bit no? 

neither 360, or 3ds
its the xb1 to, be tue.
seems like the leaker made the "selling very few units more than the other" a tie for just the meltdown

over 300k hardware sales in the uk last week (consoles and handhelds. handhelds are down 1/3 compared to last year)

prinz_valium said:
Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:

neither 360, or 3ds
its the xb1 to, be tue.
seems like the leaker made the "selling very few units more than the other" a tie for just the meltdown

over 300k hardware sales in the uk last week (consoles and handhelds. handhelds are down 1/3 compared to last year)

so both X1 and PS4 around 70k each? 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
prinz_valium said:

neither 360, or 3ds
its the xb1 to, be tue.

so both X1 and PS4 around 70k each? 

more about ~ 100k each
the sales doubled week over week for the next gen consoles

GTAexpert said:
HollyGamer said:
ktay95 said:
HollyGamer said:
unbelievable after what happen with broken online part, i guess PS4 hardware is selling the game

Halo MCC opened to 1m 1st week with practically no online.

Yeah i know, but Halo is different and with Halo bundled in one disk the value is different, and drive club is a new Ip and the gameplay is not that inovative compared to Forza Horizon 2. I am not seeing a selling point from the games except the graphic and having a  "car club " in the games. 

There is nothing innovative about a collection of old FPS games either though I agree it offers good value.

Also Driveclub is very different to FH2 so they cannot be compared. But Driveclub is one of the best arcade track based racing games, my second favourite of this decade, the first being Criterion's NFS: MW which released in 2012.

Well if you are hapy with driveclub then is good for you and the rest of people who bought it , but i still cannot find some charm on it  or maybe i am more of Grand Torismo guy and simulation race then arcade, well the game is good i am not saying bad, but i just wish they have more car (expecially Japanese car and included with La Ferrari car   ) i also like how Forza Horizon with open world aspect. Nevertheless  if the sales is good, i hope there will be a  sequel with open world aspect on Driveclub.

That's good. I will probably by DC in Dec.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

HollyGamer said:
GTAexpert said:
HollyGamer said:
ktay95 said:
HollyGamer said:
unbelievable after what happen with broken online part, i guess PS4 hardware is selling the game

Halo MCC opened to 1m 1st week with practically no online.

Yeah i know, but Halo is different and with Halo bundled in one disk the value is different, and drive club is a new Ip and the gameplay is not that inovative compared to Forza Horizon 2. I am not seeing a selling point from the games except the graphic and having a  "car club " in the games. 

There is nothing innovative about a collection of old FPS games either though I agree it offers good value.

Also Driveclub is very different to FH2 so they cannot be compared. But Driveclub is one of the best arcade track based racing games, my second favourite of this decade, the first being Criterion's NFS: MW which released in 2012.

Well if you are hapy with driveclub then is good for you and the rest of people who bought it , but i still cannot find some charm on it  or maybe i am more of Grand Torismo guy and simulation race then arcade, well the game is good i am not saying bad, but i just wish they have more car (expecially Japanese car and included with La Ferrari car   ) i also like how Forza Horizon with open world aspect. Nevertheless  if the sales is good, i hope there will be a  sequel with open world aspect on Driveclub.

If you're in for a sim or an open-world racer of course you would be disappointed with Driveclub, but there are people who prefer track-based arcade racer and for them Driveclub is better. Open-world =/= better.

As for lack of cars yeah that is the biggest problem currently with the game.

GTAexpert said:

If you're in for a sim or an open-world racer of course you would be disappointed with Driveclub, but there are people who prefer track-based arcade racer and for them Driveclub is better. Open-world =/= better.

As for lack of cars yeah that is the biggest problem currently with the game.

Yeah but Driveclub was never advertised as either, so if you buy Driveclub with those two genre's in mind, you're a fucking moron, aren't you? :D