By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK: DriveClub sales jump 999% during Black Friday week

bananaking21 said:
poklane said:
GTAexpert said:
HollyGamer said:
unbelievable after what happen with broken online part, i guess PS4 hardware is selling the game

The online WAS broken but it has been fixed now.

Still waiting for the PS+ Edition tho...

they should honestly scrap that and give us the full game for free on PS+.

Then I might stop buying their games for $70 on day one.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
walsufnir said:
man-bear-pig said:
Wow if it really was the 360 that won this week then that's absolutely insane :0

You live in UK, don't you? Do you know of any bundles that happened?

Not really...I seen a lightning deal on Amazon UK which was a 250GB console with Halo 4, Gears: Judgement and some other good game I can't recall for £99.99..so if there were similar deals to that at other retailers then it's understandable that it won

Damn, that's cheap. 360 is actually really hurting sales for Xbox One then! PS3 officially lost anything it ever had in UK to PS4.

ktay95 said:
HollyGamer said:
unbelievable after what happen with broken online part, i guess PS4 hardware is selling the game

Halo MCC opened to 1m 1st week with practically no online.

The difference of course being that MCC has a lot of content you can play while waiting for the online to get sorted out.

999% means ~54K for DC bundle alone if VGC numbers are right. Given the previous week VGC has PS4 at over 60K thanks to GTA it either means 80K+ total for PS4, or it's actually a slight fall in sales week on week.

Would be absolutely amazed if Xb 360 wins the week. Would they even have enough consoles in the country to be able to win?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

The difference of course being that MCC has a lot of content you can play while waiting for the online to get sorted out.

999% means ~54K for DC bundle alone if VGC numbers are right. Given the previous week VGC has PS4 at over 60K thanks to GTA it either means 80K+ total for PS4, or it's actually a slight fall in sales week on week.

Would be absolutely amazed if Xb 360 wins the week. Would they even have enough consoles in the country to be able to win?

what brings you to this conclusion?

ktay95 said:
HollyGamer said:

Yeah i know, but Halo is different and with Halo bundled in one disk the value is different, and drive club is a new Ip and the gameplay is not that inovative compared to Forza Horizon 2. I am not seeing a selling point from the games except the graphic and having a  "car club " in the games. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
ktay95 said:
HollyGamer said:

Yeah i know, but Halo is different and with Halo bundled in one disk the value is different, and drive club is a new Ip and the gameplay is not that inovative compared to Forza Horizon 2. I am not seeing a selling point from the games except the graphic and having a  "car club " in the games. 

There is nothing innovative about a collection of old FPS games either though I agree it offers good value.

Also Driveclub is very different to FH2 so they cannot be compared. But Driveclub is one of the best arcade track based racing games, my second favourite of this decade, the first being Criterion's NFS: MW which released in 2012.

btw. that >50k figure for driveclub (standalone + bundles) is correct.

some massive Hardware sales this week in uk. (black flag is just below 42.9k Units.)

so MAYBE ~45k ps4 driveclub bundles and ~40k xb1 asscreed bundles alone
+ all the other ps4 and xb1 bundles

One thing for sure. Black Friday is just going to get bigger and bigger in the UK, although they should change it to a Saturday as us Brits don't have the Friday off!

prinz_valium said:

some massive Hardware sales this week in uk. (black flag is just below 42.9k Units.)

what other bundles do the X1 and PS4 have in the UK? And any idea how they might have sold. Doesn't matter if you're way off just wanted to get an idea. 

prinz_valium said:

Black flag is more like 25K, based on VGC numbers. ~7200 previous week 353% increase = ~25K.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix