By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK: DriveClub sales jump 999% during Black Friday week

mornelithe said:
GTAexpert said:

If you're in for a sim or an open-world racer of course you would be disappointed with Driveclub, but there are people who prefer track-based arcade racer and for them Driveclub is better. Open-world =/= better.

As for lack of cars yeah that is the biggest problem currently with the game.

Yeah but Driveclub was never advertised as either, so if you buy Driveclub with those two genre's in mind, you're a fucking moron, aren't you? :D

Yeah I agree with you in general but I do not have anything to say about how it was advertised, there are no advertisements for any game in my country.

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

so both X1 and PS4 around 70k each? 

more about ~ 100k each
the sales doubled week over week for the next gen consoles

that's what i fucking like to hear! thought some earlier suggested PS4 could go down this week due to the fall off of GTA 5 but that would of meant average sales for both consoles if they're tied. Some mega WW numbers coming up if they've both done between 80-100k. 

What's your guess for WW numbers this week? You might as well guess what VGchartz will have listed because we'll never know the WW figure for that 1 week. I'll guess 1.2M. 

GTAexpert said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah but Driveclub was never advertised as either, so if you buy Driveclub with those two genre's in mind, you're a fucking moron, aren't you? :D

Yeah I agree with you in general but I do not have anything to say about how it was advertised, there are no advertisements for any game in my country.

Ahh, yeah, I didn't get a sim/open world racer feel from the ads, but, I also knew long before any ads hit the tube, what DC was about.  I forget that there are hordes of people who simply watch an ad on TV and go out and buy things, without ever looking further into it.  

So could Driveclub reach 2 million?

mornelithe said:
GTAexpert said:
mornelithe said:

Ahh, yeah, I didn't get a sim/open world racer feel from the ads, but, I also knew long before any ads hit the tube, what DC was about.  I forget that there are hordes of people who simply watch an ad on TV and go out and buy things, without ever looking further into it.  

Yeah I'm surprised how people can spend $60/60 euros on a game just because of advertisements. You would think people would be a bit more careful with their money.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

Yeah I'm surprised how people can spend $60/60 euros on a game just because of advertisements. You would think people would be a bit more careful with their money.

Honestly, that 'quality' right there, is why I so closely compare gamer's to drug addicts.  Must have the fix, regardless of what it costs.

mornelithe said:
GTAexpert said:

Honestly, that 'quality' right there, is why I so closely compare gamer's to drug addicts.  Must have the fix, regardless of what it costs.

Part drug addicts, part whiny bunch of kids who cry all the time. Now I see why people seem to hate on every game on the internet, they probably buy the game after watching the advertisement, find it "cool" and exciting, and buy the game, only to find out its not what their imagination made it to be like.

GTAexpert said:
mornelithe said:

Part drug addicts, part whiny bunch of kids who cry all the time. Now I see why people seem to hate on every game on the internet, they probably buy the game after watching the advertisement, find it "cool" and exciting, and buy the game, only to find out its not what their imagination made it to be like.

Well, not nessecarily the imagination, it's the brief glimpse they saw on TV, and they expected the entire game to be indicative of that.  Which is very, very rarely the case.  Think Yoda lightsaber fighting, and then think of the rest of the SW 1-3, lol.

Lol, bundles will really help DriveClub reach respectable sales.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

mornelithe said:
GTAexpert said:
mornelithe said:

Well, not nessecarily the imagination, it's the brief glimpse they saw on TV, and they expected the entire game to be indicative of that.  Which is very, very rarely the case.  Think Yoda lightsaber fighting, and then think of the rest of the SW 1-3, lol.

Star Wars isn't exactly a good example (never seen it and not interested either) but I get your point and I concur. It happens in my country too with some other products. Though still from what I've heard Americans fall for it the most, guess they are a bit more stupid than others.