By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will anyone ever beat Nintendo's current record of 17 titles over 20 million in sales?

Sony or Microsoft might be able to do it if every console they sold came bundled with the same game for 3 years. That's at least two 20 million sellers per gen right there.

Around the Network

easy answer is nope

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Uhm, Activision?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

No, not ever. PS target audience is for those who like variety and 3rd party games and that reflects on the sw attach rate those consoles have during their respective lives.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Nope, nope and nope! Did I mention nope?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Whatever happens, it would take a very long time. Especially if Nintendo manages to pump out another 20m seller or two sometime in the future. Anyway, considering we should probably combine platforms (otherwise the competition is nowhere), I think Activision is closest right now and should also be the first, if any, to overtake Nintendo's record.

spurgeonryan said:
KyleeStrutt said:
It ultimately matters on how many Grand Theft Auto games are released.

Technically, only one GTA game has ever passed 20 million on one system....

How many 20 million sellers does Nintendo have which weren't bundled games and wasn't on the Wii?

Activision-Blizzard does it pretty much every year now

prayformojo said:
spurgeonryan said:
KyleeStrutt said:
It ultimately matters on how many Grand Theft Auto games are released.

Technically, only one GTA game has ever passed 20 million on one system....

How many 20 million sellers does Nintendo have which weren't bundled games and wasn't on the Wii?

Pokemon Red/Blue + Pokemon Gold/Silver + NSMB + Nintendogs + Mario KartDS + BrainAge + Super Mario World (i dont thinkthis was bundled).

And just 1 GTA game so only 8 games if it didn't include heavy bundling + excluding Wii games

"ever" is an awfully long time... so, yes.