By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:

Being a fan of Blizzard and Nintendo, I've always been in the "delays are good for games" camp.

As for my own eating of crow: In 2013, I truly believed that when the Wii U reached a critical number of worthwhile games, it would do much better (between GC and N64 sales) but now I admit I was wrong and that the Wii U won't ever recover.

You're expecting Wii U to sell worse than the Gamecube? 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Well the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs got delayed by 6 months or so and is apparently still crappy.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I think more people should know that pre ordering game is useless. only a little bit cheaper and getting the game fast on early days, it's better wait for review or hear from somebody else.

About delay you can blame the publisher, delay is not good and delivering broken game is even worse, but the important thing is that they should prolong the time development and create new budget model for developing game so they don't need to rush releasing the game for the sake of dead line. Games that is complex and ambitious (ACU for example ) need more time to test and debug, even if they had many people and money it wont just work.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
JEMC said:
ethomaz said:

Your new stance is a excuse for poorly developer/publisher schedule and management.

The game don't need to be delayed to be good... it needs to be planned with the right date... instead to push a holiday 2014 launch just say your game is scheduled to March 2015.

Say we needs delays is a terrible ideia... anybody that works on any software project knows if you need delay a project is because you planned it wrong.

Games needs to have good planning.

I agree with you, but once that bad management has happened, publishers have 2 options: either launch the game/product broken or delay it to get it fixed.

The problem comes when publishers opt for the first option instead of the second one.

Delays cost money.

In the short term.

Launching broken games is not only a PR disaster that also costs money, but can also make your customers angry to the point of not buying the next installment of that franchise unsure of its quality, costing them money in the mid-long term.

So it doesn't matter what they do, they will always lose money.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
JEMC said:
ethomaz said:

Your new stance is a excuse for poorly developer/publisher schedule and management.

The game don't need to be delayed to be good... it needs to be planned with the right date... instead to push a holiday 2014 launch just say your game is scheduled to March 2015.

Say we needs delays is a terrible ideia... anybody that works on any software project knows if you need delay a project is because you planned it wrong.

Games needs to have good planning.

I agree with you, but once that bad management has happened, publishers have 2 options: either launch the game/product broken or delay it to get it fixed.

The problem comes when publishers opt for the first option instead of the second one.

Delays cost money.

In the short term.

Launching broken games is not only a PR disaster that also costs money, but can also make your customers angry to the point of not buying the next installment of that franchise unsure of its quality, costing them money in the mid-long term.

In an ideal world, in reality well known ips are harmed more by delays then being buggy on release. Look at Sim City, ACU, etc.Bad PR can be mitigated an don't matter in the long run. Meanwhile a million dollar budget game can't lose proportional ly more on delays.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
I think more people should know that pre ordering game is useless. only a little bit cheaper and getting the game fast on early days, it's better wait for review or hear from somebody else.

About delay you can blame the publisher, delay is not good and delivering broken game is even worse, but the important thing is that they should prolong the time development and create new budget model for developing game so they don't need to rush releasing the game for the sake of dead line. Games that is complex and ambitious (ACU for example ) need more time to test and debug, even if they had many people and money it wont just work.

Oh I agree, delays aren't good, but they are immensely preferable to getting a broken game. I hope more games are managed better and come out on time, but if it's looking like some issues won't be irones out, I fully support letting the game be delayed for a few months. Better than getting a horrible product.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I though the XB1 would never outsell the PS4 weekly or monthly, not even in the US (after Titanfall and the other missed opportunities, it seemed like a pretty safe stance).

it did for a few weeks in the US, I still think this is a fluke, but it also means that when big titles are released on it it may happen again... oh well.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
JEMC said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Delays cost money.

In the short term.

In an ideal world, in reality well known ips are harmed more by delays then being buggy on release. Look at Sim City, ACU, etc.Bad PR can be mitigated an don't matter in the long run. Meanwhile a million dollar budget game can't lose proportional ly more on delays.

They are already losing money

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194052

The last SimCity game had its problems for its always online decision and the server problems it had, and since we still don't have a new SimCity, we still don't know what will happen with its sales. A better example would be Battlefield with its terrible launch from last year, and we'll see how Hardline sells.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

VanceIX said:
HollyGamer said:

Oh I agree, delays aren't good, but they are immensely preferable to getting a broken game. I hope more games are managed better and come out on time, but if it's looking like some issues won't be irones out, I fully support letting the game be delayed for a few months. Better than getting a horrible product.

yeah absolutly agree with u, better they delay the games if it comes to worse.

Driveclub delayed a year and easily win the worst game launch of 2014. So delay still reflects how poor the developer is.