By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
MoHasanie said:
kitler53 said:
@1 - game delays can be good. i feel this is situational as some delay can be absurd (TLG i'm looking at you). really what we need is fewer announcements that are 2+ years out. when a game is announced they should be confident they can ship within a year.

@2 - no opinion, i'm not a fan of the franchise at all.

@3 - my opinion has changed here too. ubi used to be pretty cool but this gen it has been failure after failure.

Other than AC Unity, what else has Ubisoft done wrong? 

Watch_Dogs, The Crew, Soon to be The Division

Watchdogs was a disappointment but certainly not a failure. The Crew will fail to sell well but the game looks good with lots of content. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

Watchdogs was a disappointment but certainly not a failure. The Crew will fail to sell well but the game looks good with lots of content. 

Well... Watch_Dogs was downgraded and dissappointments aren't exactly a good thing. And The Crew has the whole "We aren't going to send out review copies until launch" sorta deal and the only reason any publisher will do that is cause the game will be shit

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

MoHasanie said:

Well... Watch_Dogs was downgraded and dissappointments aren't exactly a good thing. And The Crew has the whole "We aren't going to send out review copies until launch" sorta deal and the only reason any publisher will do that is cause the game will be shit

haha, well you're right about The Crew then. Didn't realize it had a review embargo. That sucks, cause the game looked like it had some potential. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JEMC said:
ethomaz said:

Your new stance is a excuse for poorly developer/publisher schedule and management.

The game don't need to be delayed to be good... it needs to be planned with the right date... instead to push a holiday 2014 launch just say your game is scheduled to March 2015.

Say we needs delays is a terrible ideia... anybody that works on any software project knows if you need delay a project is because you planned it wrong.

Games needs to have good planning.

I agree with you, but once that bad management has happened, publishers have 2 options: either launch the game/product broken or delay it to get it fixed.

The problem comes when publishers opt for the first option instead of the second one.

Delays cost money.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

MoHasanie said:

haha, well you're right about The Crew then. Didn't realize it had a review embargo. That sucks, cause the game looked like it had some potential. 

Loll, yea, the funny thing is, its not even a review embargo. At least with embargos, they generally let the reviewers play the game before launch and the reviews can go up as soon as the game launches but with The Crew, they aren't even sending out the review copies until the game launches! So essentially, the reviewers will have to play the game at the sametime as everyone else and unless they rush it, the review scores/reviews will probably not go up until the second or third day at minimum. It just reeks of being a terrible game

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

My eating crow:

I didn't believe PS4 had any chance (zero) of hitting 20M by the end of 2014. Now it has a very big chance.

Being a fan of Blizzard and Nintendo, I've always been in the "delays are good for games" camp.

As for my own eating of crow: In 2013, I truly believed that when the Wii U reached a critical number of worthwhile games, it would do much better (between GC and N64 sales) but now I admit I was wrong and that the Wii U won't ever recover.

Signature goes here!

VanceIX said:
POE said:
What do yo think about Nintendo??

The best developer and publisher, bar none. Playing and absolutely loving Smash right now, in fact.

So

we agree in #1 #2 #3 and Bonus #4 Nintendo  (what was wrong with you before? That you had a 180° stance on things 1+2+3 compared to now?)

This is 4x agreement so  I am 400% your opinion. :)

I should eat crow, was sure that MCC would be top of sales for it's launch week and that the X1 would absolutely hammer the ps4 WW on it's launch week, can't believe it was ubisofts bomb Unity that chipped it in SW that week. My faith in gamers as a whole has been shaken. and these crow feathers.... are not nice.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

JazzB1987 said:
VanceIX said:

The best developer and publisher, bar none. Playing and absolutely loving Smash right now, in fact.

So

we agree in #1 #2 #3 and Bonus #4 Nintendo  (what was wrong with you before? That you had a 180° stance on things 1+2+3 compared to now?)

This is 4x agreement so  I am 400% your opinion. :)

I'm honestly not sure what was wrong with me, looking back o.0

Anyway, good to know that there are others who agree :D

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC