By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros. Wii U sells over 490,000 units in the U.S., fastest-selling Wii U game ever

While the number are great, they could have been better, this proves the 3DS version ate into its sales.
Like I said great, especially considering the installed base, but you'd be lying if you didn't expect it to do better.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
KLXVER said:

That is true. My bad.lol

It still has 13 million vs 3 million WiiUs though:)

Even worse than that! 14.4mill vs 3.28mill. So 500K in 2 days of sales is quite impressive,lol.

3 days

"with more than 490,000 physical and digital units combined sold during the three-day period of Nov. 21 through Nov. 23."

Didn't read the full release. Also, I always thought Sunday was the first day of the week for sales. My bad.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Hardware sales for Wii U in North America should be at least 75 000 systems for the week ending nov 22 based on the impact Mario Kart 8 had on hardware sales this summer, andtaking into consideration that holiday season is getting closer. It would be nice if Nintendo could reach as many as 100 000, but that sounds overly optimistic looking at how the market has behaved during the last two years when it comes to Wii U.

V-r0cK said:
KLXVER said:
V-r0cK said:
That's it?? Not sure if that's suppose to be good news but I'll wait to see how much they've sold in the first week.

What do you mean "Thats it?".

500K in two days in one territory is not bad at all.

Don't get me wrong, technically yes 500k in two days is amazing for a game in one territory, but this is suppose to be Nintendo's biggest game of their generation (that we know of).  So maybe with all the hype that's been going around made it seem like almost every NA Wii U owner (except for me) was going to pick it up , so 500k didn't seem as much as I was expecting.

Well it did sell the most games of any Nintendo WiiU game previously:)

As expected.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/252221/usa-preorders-chart-15-november-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-more/

And to think that people in Latin America still couldn´t get their hands on the game (specially South America)

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:

Great sales. To bad no word on hardware impact.
On MK8 release, we got the 600% increase statement

That was for the UK, which smash has yet to launch in.

KLXVER said:
V-r0cK said:
KLXVER said:
V-r0cK said:
That's it?? Not sure if that's suppose to be good news but I'll wait to see how much they've sold in the first week.

What do you mean "Thats it?".

500K in two days in one territory is not bad at all.

Don't get me wrong, technically yes 500k in two days is amazing for a game in one territory, but this is suppose to be Nintendo's biggest game of their generation (that we know of).  So maybe with all the hype that's been going around made it seem like almost every NA Wii U owner (except for me) was going to pick it up , so 500k didn't seem as much as I was expecting.

Well it did sell the most games of any Nintendo WiiU game previously:)

That too is an amazing feat.  I just hope Nintendo can continue to bring more games at this level as I love my Wii U but isn't getting enough love (or the love that I want from it as some games many enjoy but aren't my cup of tea).

Good start! To be honest this game selling around 3m this year is kind of a given. I'm more interested in hardware numbers.

brute said:
While the number are great, they could have been better, this proves the 3DS version ate into its sales.
Like I said great, especially considering the installed base, but you'd be lying if you didn't expect it to do better.

Without doubt, people can get their fix elsewhere especially those with no friends lol! Wii U version should have been prioritised and released closer to Mario Kart in my opinion. 3DS version should have been moved to february 2015.

Clyde32 said:
soony_xbone_U said:

Great sales. To bad no word on hardware impact.
On MK8 release, we got the 600% increase statement

That was for the UK, which smash has yet to launch in.

Ohh. Your right. I'm sorry.