By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we all agree, graphically XBO < PS4 << PC (This shouldn't be controversial)

XBO<PS4<<PC

Yes 165 69.62%

No 30 12.66%

Not sure yet 3 1.27%

XBO=PS4 30 12.66%

Other 9 3.80%

Total:237

Around the Network

It goes something like (PC/XBO+WiiUx2)/PS4+Ouya^2)=Nintendo64

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

vivster said:
walsufnir said:
Why is this thread even needed? Discussing technical details about a game won't be prevented by this thread but perhaps the "facts are facts" and "specs are specs" comments will stop by people who don't even remotely know how systems work with all their parts together which influences real life performance greatly.

Are you trying to tell me that the flame decals on my PS4 are not the reason why it's faster than an X1?

I tell you that PS4 has an advantage but there is no direct linear factor that automatically means a game can benefit from it as code is written different and the engine load on different aspects relying on the system architecture differ.

War never changes.

It all depends on the game.
Look at bf4 xbone and bf4 ps4. Clearly the ps4 wins this one coz the fps is more stable and the graphics are few % better. But take a look at CoD AW, this one wins XBONE coz of a more stable fps and better contrast... you cant just say one console is bad because few games that you like dont have the same fps or resolution as on the other console..
Just my 2 cents...

Around the Network

I voted no, because PC could be anything. You can put it anywhere in you "equation" and it would still be valid.

In terms of processing power on paper, sure. There are some pretty graphics out there even on Wii U that 'look better' than the games on the others depending on whether you appreciate the art style or not.

I put speed holes in my cpu... it makes the pc go faster

mrkiema said:
It all depends on the game.
Look at bf4 xbone and bf4 ps4. Clearly the ps4 wins this one coz the fps is more stable and the graphics are few % better. But take a look at CoD AW, this one wins XBONE coz of a more stable fps and better contrast... you cant just say one console is bad because few games that you like dont have the same fps or resolution as on the other console..
Just my 2 cents...

The contrast is not better on Xbone, the crushed blacks make everything darker. You can change your TV setting to make it look the same if a PS4 owner really wanted to but I don't like that look. The PC version contrast is identical to PS4 contrast, and obviously the version that looks closest to PC is the better version. 

Fps is more stable in the Campaign on Xbone (I played through on PS4 and it was fine for me) but there are a decent amount more visuals and effects going on at a constan 1080p resolution. And the Multiplayer is definitely better on PS4 given that both versions are locked at 1080p whereas the xbone is locked at 1360(?)x1080.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

In the end it all comes to the developers.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804