By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rodea and the Sky Soldier: "debut" trailer (Wii U / 3DS)

I'm more interested in the Wii version than the Wii U one, as that was the game's original vision.

Around the Network

Graphics are a little shaky but the style of game and characters is right up my alley. I don't know if i'd pay $60, but i'd definitely like to check this game out on wii-u.

CarcharodonKraz said:
Graphics are a little shaky but the style of game and characters is right up my alley. I don't know if i'd pay $60, but i'd definitely like to check this game out on wii-u.

That's cos it is literally a Wii/3DS game that was ported to Wii U, and all they really upgraded was the resolution.

On the shaky graphics aspect, this does bring to mind an idea I had for Nintendo. With third party exclusives to their platform set, it could be interesting to see Nintendo step in more actively and provide support and some extra resources to help bring the production values and the like up to a higher level. Especially in the case of games like this that are limited obviously by the platform selections. I think it would be interesting and could encourage other mid-level groups to seek a working relationship with Nintendo and bring more to Wii U and 3DS. If Nintendo's going to spend this gen riding uniqueness, they may as well go the whole hog and double down on it.

Nuvendil said:

On the shaky graphics aspect, this does bring to mind an idea I had for Nintendo. With third party exclusives to their platform set, it could be interesting to see Nintendo step in more actively and provide support and some extra resources to help bring the production values and the like up to a higher level. Especially in the case of games like this that are limited obviously by the platform selections. I think it would be interesting and could encourage other mid-level groups to seek a working relationship with Nintendo and bring more to Wii U and 3DS. If Nintendo's going to spend this gen riding uniqueness, they may as well go the whole hog and double down on it.

Not a bad idea, considering that a huge proportion of third party Wii U games would have benefited enormously from developmental assistance to bring them up to a more solid technical level.

Around the Network

Looks interesting...

at this stage i honestly dont care if it looks like a wii game. need something new to play on my wii u lol.

hope they localise it.

Cobretti2 said:

hope they localise it.

It was confirmed for localization yesterday, actually: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=198529&page=1#

Hmm, it looks like it could be fun! I might pick it up eventually.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

That's cos it is literally a Wii/3DS game that was ported to Wii U, and all they really upgraded was the resolution.

It's not. It's a 3DS game ported to the Wii-U, the Wii version is a different game.