By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rodea and the Sky Soldier: "debut" trailer (Wii U / 3DS)

Protendo said:
curl-6 said:

That's cos it is literally a Wii/3DS game that was ported to Wii U, and all they really upgraded was the resolution.

It's not. It's a 3DS game ported to the Wii-U, the Wii version is a different game.

I did say Wii/3DS; it's likely a lot of graphical assets were shared between those two given their similarity in power and the extra costs of making everything from the ground up twice.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Protendo said:

It's not. It's a 3DS game ported to the Wii-U, the Wii version is a different game.

I did say Wii/3DS; it's likely a lot of graphical assets were shared between those two given their similarity in power and the extra costs of making everything from the ground up twice.

You said, "It's literally the Wii/3DS game ported to the Wii-U."

The Wii action-focused title was not ported, the inferior slower paced 3DS version that isn't as action-focused was. Doesn't matter if they reuse assets, they are different games.

Protendo said:
curl-6 said:

You said, "It's literally the Wii/3DS game ported to the Wii-U."

The Wii action-focused title was not ported, the inferior slower paced 3DS version that isn't as action-focused was. Doesn't matter if they reuse assets, they are different games.

Same difference as far as graphics are concerned. The gameplay wasn't under discussion.