By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did GameSpot go too far with this "Is It Time To Buy An Xbox One" video?

Is this a biased video?

Yes 93 31.21%

No 144 48.32%

Not Sure 18 6.04%

See results 43 14.43%

Total:298

I agree with them on the interface. To me the X1 and PS4 interfaces both suck. At least with the X1 I can just say 'go to settings'. The Wii U just feels leagues ahead in that sense. Especially with the quick start menu.

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
KLXVER said:

Well if they can spend 2.5 billion dollars on an indie developer, you would think they could hire some more people to make their games...

They are not doing everything and anything at all. Great developers are losing their jobs left and right these days. Why not go after them instead of buying timed exclusivity and content for certain games which does nothing for the consumer in any way?

I mean I dont have any knowledge of which developers are losing their jobs other than I do know that some of them are.  I also know that some of the console game developers are now seeing a bigger potential profit in making games on mobile devices.  

The other thing to note is that a lot of the great developers are also being snatched up by currently successful game developers like Naughty Dog.  I have also read articles where these game developers are creating new studios, which seem to be the indie developers nowadays.

The only thing that I can see Microsoft doing in the future is by winning over some of the indie developers that will make games exclusively for the XB1.  

Mobile development is a lie!

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

They also made an "Is It Time To Buy A PS4" video and some of the people said no, but one lost their minds of that one. People need to relax.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I agree with most of the points brought up in the video, but i still bought one at launch.

When people working covering gaming news, at a company thats lifeblood is gamers, you'd kind of expect their staff to have the sense and open mindedness to actually invest into buying all of the systems.
most of them were like "i dont own one" or "i wont buy one because/until".

At the very least they should have titled it, "our opinions about the xbox one year on", and not dress it up like anything more than what it essentially is, a bunch of people sharing their personal opinions.

Is the video biased? at the end of the day no, its just their own opinions compiled into a short video, is it titled and put across in a jarring way on purpose? you bet it is, no doubt once the shitstorm over this video has died down, they'll do the same for the ps4 or wiiu, then rinse and repeat.

Remember kids, a contraversy goes viral much easier than an informative unbiased piece.

It isn't worth it buying a ps4 or an xbox at the moment or any console at launch. Let the games release and buy it much later when there is a lot of games you want to play and it's much cheaper. It's a lot better in my opinion.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
It isn't worth it buying a ps4 or an xbox at the moment or any console at launch. Let the games release and buy it much later when there is a lot of games you want to play and it's much cheaper. It's a lot better in my opinion.

Well if everyone did that, then the console would be considered a failure and no games would be released for it...

Not gonna lie, I found the dislikes and the comments to be hilarious but to be fair there was a passive amount of "distaste" for a lack of a better word towards the XB1 so I can see why the video would be somewhat of an annoyance to the fanbase. That being said, no I don't think Gamespot went overboard so they were mostly just expressing their opinions ...

Opinion is opinion, i don't see why someone would be angry with opinion of someone...

Actually this is the absolute opposite of a single bias and every review ever of big sites like Gamespot should be done this way. So that no sole Employee speaks for the whole company.

It might have a collective bias due to there being more people that don't like it but that's nothing you can do about. I don't think they actively withheld opinions of pro X1 employees.
Would like to see a similar video for PS4 and from more gaming websites.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's just their opinion. Even if some of them are laughably off base. I mean, complaining about finding settings in the UI. Yikes. Or Forza taking "days" to install. Sounds like his friend had a faulty console, idk.