By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Wii U game to date?

Tagged games:

?

Art of Balance 7 1.75%

Mario 3D World 72 18.00%

Mario Kart 8 243 60.75%

Trine 2: Director's Cut 13 3.25%

Other (Please specify) 65 16.25%

Total:400

Easily Mario Kart 8! 3D World and Bayonetta 2 also look pretty nice.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

SM3DW

Switch!!!

Metallox said:
Super Mario 3D World, it's a rock running at 60 FPS, unlike our friend Mario Kart 8 that drops to 59. 3D World is closer to technical and visual perfection.

In addition to a perfect framerate, 3D World also has anti-aliasing, which MK8 foregoes.

3D World is more polished, but I still rank MK8 just barely above it personally, because while it's less graphically consistent, its high points (Rainbow Road N64 and New, Mute City) soar beyond anything in 3D World.

Zelda Wind Waker HD!

Mario Kart is also great, Mario 3D too, and I didnt play Pikmin 3 yet.

Smash Wii U isn't a choice? Not that I'd have chosen it, I'd still have went with MK8, but surely it should feature in the discussion!

Around the Network

Bayonetta 2 hands down.

Yeah, Mario Kart 8 is just a step up from the rest imo.

Both MK8 and 3D World looks absolutely perfect in my eyes, but I'll go with 3D World since it has one more frame per second... :P

Shame I didn't care much for the game.

Yep.

Metallox said:
Super Mario 3D World, it's a rock running at 60 FPS, unlike our friend Mario Kart 8 that drops to 59. 3D World is closer to technical and visual perfection.

I'm sorry, but have you seen the Draw Distance on 3D World?   8 actually has things in the distance, rather then weirdly coloured fog.

Metallox said:

I loled because of the 1 frame gap :)

To me I dunno have to check what games look good and use no BLOOM.  Fuck this 2003 visual cancer.

But I guess its 3D World.  The whole game just works and everything (excluding that quicksilver water in some levels) fits together.
There is not as much crap bloom (there is but thanks to the camera angle you dont notice as much)  as in WWHD or MK8 also MK8 has some very bad looking assets. (new Yoshi DLC track. The Yoshi's there have like between PS2 and N64 polycount)