By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Wii U game to date?

Tagged games:

?

Art of Balance 7 1.75%

Mario 3D World 72 18.00%

Mario Kart 8 243 60.75%

Trine 2: Director's Cut 13 3.25%

Other (Please specify) 65 16.25%

Total:400

Super Mario 3D World for me. MK8 looks great, but that dropped frame means it might as well be 30fps ;p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Super Mario 3D World, it's a rock running at 60 FPS, unlike our friend Mario Kart 8 that drops to 59. 3D World is closer to technical and visual perfection.

Silly boy. 24fps is the perfect visual perfection. Cinematic experiencer FTW!

Pikmin 3 Looks really good, and Mario Kart 8 is a good second

RenSuzugamori said:
Metallox said:
Super Mario 3D World, it's a rock running at 60 FPS, unlike our friend Mario Kart 8 that drops to 59. 3D World is closer to technical and visual perfection.

I'm sorry, but have you seen the Draw Distance on 3D World?   8 actually has things in the distance, rather then weirdly coloured fog.

That "weirdly coloured fog" is depth of field, where things far from the camera are deliberately out of focus. I suspect it was included to suppress aliasing on distant geometry, which it does rather well.

3D world for me.
Mario kart is amazing looking too but has a lot of jaggies

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Fatal Frame looks awesome Some of the best graphics on Wii U in my opinion.

Agreed.

It's hard to find god pics of it, but I love its style:

Tropical Freeze is definitely overlooked in the graphics department. It outdoes 3D World in certain aspects (like the water and foliage and that crazy fuzzy fur texture on the Kongs for example), even though overall I would give the edge to 3D World. MK8 wins for the whole system though, the highs are some of the best graphical highs of next gen so far not just Wii U. I'd say top 5 best graphics:

1. Mario Kart 8
2. 3D World
3. Tropical Freeze
4. Pikmin 3
5. The Wind Waker HD

Mario Kart 8.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart 8 is gorgeous. A lot of the games are nice looking.