By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Wii U game to date?

Tagged games:

?

Art of Balance 7 1.75%

Mario 3D World 72 18.00%

Mario Kart 8 243 60.75%

Trine 2: Director's Cut 13 3.25%

Other (Please specify) 65 16.25%

Total:400
curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Mario Kart 8 > Super Smash Bros > Pikmin 3 > 3D World visual wise for me

Pikmin 3 really doesn't look that great. Though I will say the enemy and boss designs are mostly breathtaking and wouldn't look out of place on a PS4.

Admittedly, some of the ground textures in Pikmin 3 are poor, (which I blame on its roots as a Wii title) but I still think it's a good looking game overall. Not just for the outstanding creature design but also the gorgeous interactive water, fruits that look like I could pluck them off the screen and eat them, and the beautifully summer-afternoon-in-the-garden environment design.

Definitely, the fruit and water are also amazing. It's mostly the ground textures and some other stuff I'm annoyed with. It just breaks the immersion for me even though I really really love Pikmin.

What is it with Nintendo and outer space/alien planets that fits so well? Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Pikmin are some of my favorite Nintendo franchises/games. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
curl-6 said:

Admittedly, some of the ground textures in Pikmin 3 are poor, (which I blame on its roots as a Wii title) but I still think it's a good looking game overall. Not just for the outstanding creature design but also the gorgeous interactive water, fruits that look like I could pluck them off the screen and eat them, and the beautifully summer-afternoon-in-the-garden environment design.

Definitely, the fruit and water are also amazing. It's mostly the ground textures and some other stuff I'm annoyed with. It just breaks the immersion for me even though I really really love Pikmin.

What is it with Nintendo and outer space/alien planets that fits so well? Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, Pikmin are some of my favorite Nintendo franchises/games. 

The DLC maps made later are more graphically polished, as they were actually constructed from the ground up for Wii U.

As to Nintendo and space, I think its cos their ideas are so (wonderfully) whacky that it's easy to package them as alien or other-worldly.

Samus Aran said:

Have not and will probably not even buy it. Don't care too much for it and most of my friends don't even like it. But there's really no way to convince me that those retro stages look any good. And that Pilotwings stage... Really poor texturing there. 

I normally respect everyone's opinions on here once they try it. If you tried it, played it in person, I can respect your opinion even if you think the game is the worst thing ever created.

With that said, I always find it odd how people like to judge things they haven't tried. Not just in gaming but in general. You are hating on a game without ever playing it simply because of some videos or pics. Nothing against you but I just can't respect your opinion on this one.

Art Style wise, definitely Bayonetta 2.
Texture/Effects/Realism wise, split between Deus Ex and Need For Speed.

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

*Sound Of Rain said:
Samus Aran said:

Have not and will probably not even buy it. Don't care too much for it and most of my friends don't even like it. But there's really no way to convince me that those retro stages look any good. And that Pilotwings stage... Really poor texturing there. 

I normally respect everyone's opinions on here once they try it. If you tried it, played it in person, I can respect your opinion even if you think the game is the worst thing ever created.

With that said, I always find it odd how people like to judge things they haven't tried. Not just in gaming but in general. You are hating on a game without ever playing it simply because of some videos or pics. Nothing against you but I just can't respect your opinion on this one.

I own Brawl and didn't like it that much. Just not my type of game. Give me a world or level to explore and I'll be happy! Strangely enough I played Melee once at a friend's house and loved it. I guess the real issue here is that my friends don't like it that much and playing Super Smash Bros. on your own just isn't that much fun. I might get it at some point when there's one of Nintendo's infamous droughts... 

I've seen side by side videos of the retro stages and the "new" ones and there was barely any difference. Mario Kart 8 retro courses they are not.