WUUI" or "XBXB>PISS4 DIS NPDDS" and "UMFG GEYMSTROP GIB MMCMMCMMCCM A SEX OUTTA ELVSDADG#%T..." /> WUUI" or "XBXB>PISS4 DIS NPDDS" and "UMFG GEYMSTROP GIB MMCMMCMMCCM A SEX OUTTA ELVSDADG#%T..." /> WUUI" or "XBXB>PISS4 DIS NPDDS" and "UMFG GEYMSTROP GIB MMCMMCMMCCM A SEX OUTTA ELVSDADG#%T..." /> WUUI" or "XBXB>PISS4 DIS NPDDS" and "UMFG GEYMSTROP GIB MMCMMCMMCCM A SEX OUTTA ELVSDADG#%T..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii >101 Million by the end of the year? Let's SELABREEEIT or cry.

Tagged games:

Good god it won't pass PS1, one of the most epic consoles ever created. And it would be also unfair. PS1 was for the real players!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
foxtail said:

Even with inflation it's still only $64, but inflation with "consoles" doesn't work anyways because it's not heavily weighted in the CPI.

Look at it this way the PS1 launched at $299 and was reduced to $49, a 1/6 reduction in price.  Wii launched at $249 and is now at $99.

99.99 including a game. The standalone game costs ~30$ new, which puts the effective price of the Wii at 69$, which is only 5$ more than the PSOne after you've taken inflation in account.

As a Nintendo fan, I'm actually happy that the Wii won't outsell the PSX! The Wii simply wasn't that much of a great console..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Teeqoz said:
foxtail said:

Even with inflation it's still only $64, but inflation with "consoles" doesn't work anyways because it's not heavily weighted in the CPI.

Look at it this way the PS1 launched at $299 and was reduced to $49, a reduction to 1/6 of its original price.  Wii launched at $249 and is now at $99.

99.99 including a game. The standalone game costs ~30$ new, which puts the effective price of the Wii at 69$, which is only 5$ more than the PSOne after you've taken inflation in account.

But now you're talking about value and while I agree they're similar in terms of value (broken down) I was strictly talking about the price of entry which was still a lot cheaper on the PS1 for its last ~13M .  Their strategy was to get the console sale first and worry about game sales later.

Either way if Nintendo tried to use that strategy today it wouldn't work for the Wii because it's lost too much steam.  Maybe if they had more aggressive price cuts a few years back they could've sold well over 100M but now it's too late and I don't think they care.

When did the Wii get to 100M? #toolazytocheck

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
XanderXT said:
Wow, people here just don't care about the last million of the Wii. Still angry it outsold the PS3 & Xbox 360?

Too be fair not many people have cared at all about the Wii for the past months/years..

Still, they should at least respect the Wii for beating the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Passing the 100 million mark is still very admirable and well deserved. It's only the third home console to do so in history.

I still fire mine up regularly.

Mummelmann said:

It has sold about 500k for the entire year thus far, and to think that there were quite a few that imagined it'd still be moving 10-20 million at this point in its life. The life of the Wii should have taught us a lot but seems to have taught us nothing.
Still; reaching 100 million is a tremendous achievement for a console, getting about half of that in the two first years is downright insane.

There are some that are still in denial. Even after all this time. ANd some of us knew how it would turn out even back then, its good to be right some time