By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's Holiday commercials are simply AWFUL...

Meh..... At least it's better than nothing if you ask me.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Those are really not that bad, looks like some people still can't handle the fact that Nintendo targets a younger audience with their games. So the games are for kids/teens/family and the commercials reflect that. And no that doesn't mean you can't enjoy them as an adult.

You have to put "IMO" infront of the headline..

This is you own opinion.. (and I and a lot of other on youtube do not share that)

And offcourse Nintendo are targeting kids and families in the cristmas time.. (and rest of year to.. but especally now)

They weren't that bad, actually

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

what does it say about me.... i like them!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I love my family Nintendo, I don't like looking at other families though Nintendo. Just do what everyone else is doing: Show gameplay only and then say get "game" on "console". Example that I HATE "get call of duty Advanced Warfare on Xbox One". I hate that commercial but it worked. Nintendo needs to go back to advertising their IP. I mean, who could forget Smash 64's commercial? Just classic! Now we have cheesy dads and kids playing games. Pfft, give me a break Nintendo. A kit kat bar or something, anything but this!

Show gameplay only like the others?? every ad I see for Playstation and Xbox are just CGI with no actual gameplay footage, any that is shown is probably about 2 seconds worth.

I see nothing wrong with it. As others have pointed out in the comments. If you give a shit about Nintendo, chances are you follow everything they do through their Directs etc.

Well except that Amiibo ad. 'So bad it's good' doesn't always work.

That Amiibo ad is so cringeworthy and kinda misleading cause for the uninformed viewer it looks like you are actually playing the Amiibo characters in the game itself.

Shame on you, menchildren. Is this the kiddy toy rubbish you 30+ year old virgins play? Creeps. XD

Jokes aside, its not just the content of the ads themselves, but also where these ads are shown. On TV, I only find these ads on channels like Cartoon Network and Nicktoons. I have never seen wii u or 3DS ads on other channels where adults are likely to watch them.

These ads are not even played before youtube videos. I plenty of COD, Far Cry 4, Xbox One, Forza, PS4 etc. ads at the start of youtube videos. I have NEVER seen 3DS/wii u ads before youtube videos.

amusingthree93 said:

Shame on you, menchildren. Is this the kiddy toy rubbish you 30+ year old virgins play? Creeps. XD

Jokes aside, its not just the content of the ads themselves, but also where these ads are shown. On TV, I only find these ads on channels like Cartoon Network and Nicktoons. I have never seen wii u or 3DS ads on other channels where adults are likely to watch them.

These ads are not even played before youtube videos. I plenty of COD, Far Cry 4, Xbox One, Forza, PS4 etc. ads at the start of youtube videos. I have NEVER seen 3DS/wii u ads before youtube videos.

I wonder if it's a Nintendo of America problem. In Britain there are Nintendo ads on pretty much any channel on TV. I often see Nintendo ads before a youtube video. Maybe NOA need to get their act together! Not that it helps in Britain, Nintendo don't sell anything here, but the US has more of a history of buying Nintendo products than Britain.

And to those who say the ads should be more mature, I do not think you'd make a good marketing consultant at Nintendo. Sure, they could do the odd ad every now and again that's more "mature", but Nintendo's primary place for expansion right now for Wii U is definitely in the kids market - the brand is too damaged to make serious inroads into the adult market. Nintendo's best chance is to try and sell the Wii U to parents, and I think the adverts to a pretty good job of that.