By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone see any good reason why GTAV's(PS4/X1 editions) meta is higher than Smash U's?

tbone51 said:

YOU KEEP IGNORING Everything else im saying!!!!!! >_<

" You don't see dude bros and mainstream gamers walking around with 3DS systems, do you? " Yes for one me and my brother do (though he's 17). Its called ignore people. If your embarrassed thats too bad. i learnt in HS f*** wat people say, if you want to hide, then go ahead.

My best friends make fun of me, but i keep my head high and crack on them back.

So basically, you're living proof that my original post was spot on. lol 

I totally know what you're going through. I've been there. I know what it's like to bring a DS to work and have everyone give you shit. But it is what it is. For every one of us, there are ten of them. You just have to do your best to enjoy what you enjoy without it tainting the fun.

Thankfully, I enjoy all types of games and systems so I don't even have to bring it up. I play Mario Kart online, go to work and talk about Bloodborne or GTA with people. Every now and again, some nerdy guy will bring up Mario Kart of SSB and we will talk about those games as well but it's few and far between.

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
I don't even like gta that much but it deserves better scores than smash brothers simply for being far more ambitious.

You havent even seen how ambitious SSB is... Name a game you can play with 8 players on a single console... At the same time?

tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:
I don't even like gta that much but it deserves better scores than smash brothers simply for being far more ambitious.

You havent even seen how ambitious SSB is... Name a game you can play with 8 players on a single console... At the same time?

That doesn't make it ambitious.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
GTA V has 36 reviews for ps4, 50 for ps3 and 58 for 360 vs smash has only 15 so far?

This, plus Meta means nothing.  Can't believe people are still debating about 2-5% more or less on Meta...I really can't believe.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

phaedruss said:
tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:

Hmmm... Something a game has never done... Not ambitious? Ok, i learnt something new

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:
tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:

Hmmm... Something a game has never done... Not ambitious? Ok, i learnt something new

Lots of games make it possible to have 4 players on the same console, just because SSBU has a higher number doesn't make it ambitious in the least. It just means Nintendo took advantage of a possibility and added it in for more enjoyablility due to accessibility...ility. Don't get me wrong, the title will be the most fun that's been offered so far this year but it won't be because its ambitious.

And anyone who thinks this franchise isn't competitive are just simply ignorant. If you button mash in Melee (or others) you are most likely going to lose pretty hard against anyone above the beginner level. This game (Melee) is the most popular and widely accepted as the most competitive fighting game by high level competitors for a reason, its the best in the business.

Because GTA is better ;)

Better game, more content, better online, better visuals, better value, not sure about the soundtrack tho smash always had some great music

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

padib said:
tbone51 said:

Here is just one ofmany vids. Dont try to spin it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ

"All this with cartoonish graphics by the way." Terrible post, doesn't matter if a game is cartoonish or not. Fighting genre has nothing to do with how realistic/cartoonish a game looks

Come on tbone, you can do better than that.

I have personally played melee for years. When I played against a friend I met on Smash boards who is a tounery winner, I was helpless against him. And he was just as good on Brawl and Smash 64.

So it's clear to me that it is a highly technical game.

sorry, just had to post this.

also, to all saying "because gta is better": who are you to say what's better and what's worse? by saying things like this you just sound ignorant and close-minded. I don't even know why you guys are posting stuff like this, as you're not even up to discussion (given your standpoint).

I don't know why GTA is rated so high anyway but whatever.

I don't think games are comparable like this in such a black/white way. A 95 for an open-world sandbox game means something else than a 95 for a fighting game to me. Their scores are relative to there genres and basically should only be compared to games in the same genre for a meaningful comparison. But that's what I think, I don't exactly care.