By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone see any good reason why GTAV's(PS4/X1 editions) meta is higher than Smash U's?

A_C_E said:

Lots of games make it possible to have 4 players on the same console, just because SSBU has a higher number doesn't make it ambitious in the least. It just means Nintendo took advantage of a possibility and added it in for more enjoyablility due to accessibility...ility. Don't get me wrong, the title will be the most fun that's been offered so far this year but it won't be because its ambitious.

And anyone who thinks this franchise isn't competitive are just simply ignorant. If you button mash in Melee (or others) you are most likely going to lose pretty hard against anyone above the beginner level. This game (Melee) is the most popular and widely accepted as the most competitive fighting game by high level competitors for a reason, its the best in the business.

By definition super smash bros is ambitious for the very same reasons that GTA is ambitious.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network

Because the industry.

TLoU has 18 fps gets GOTY

Sonic Boom (obviously not the better game here but still) also has a bad framerate but this game does get a "contra point" called "choppy framerate". (OR if not TLoU compare it to AssCreed Unity or any other game that is semi-unplayable) but I guess if you have to pay for your own review copy then criticizing framerate is okay....

COD never gets a "contra" for being "too similar" Skyward Sword got one even if its one of the more different Zelda games (linearity focus on motion controls. Pretty story driven. The overworld kinda being dungeons on their own) . Good job gametrailers!

I wonder if GTA5 on current gen will get a better score than the last gen version. In theory it cannot because the industry always said "its old cant get a better score" to everything that was rereleased so far.
But actually it has to get a better score. It does look better it has more content it does not have shit framerate that kills the precition of the controls like last gen had.

But whatever review scores are arbitrary opinions partially influenced by $$$ partially influenced by agendas or randomly rolled by dice.

Tbh if you want a review that is as legit as a "professional" review. Go buy a "fake dice" that always rolls 6. And then buy a real one roll it and add the random number to the 6 of the fake one. (reroll if 5 or 6 was rolled on the real dice)

Edit: just found out even the PS4 and XBO versions cant sustain 30 FPS.    FAIL....

Angelv577 said:
Can't you just be grateful that it's the highest rated fighting games ever or one of them. Arguing for few extra meta points is just insane.

Well, except Smash is not a fighting game.

Better/worse metascore != better/worse game

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Slade6alpha said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Slade6alpha said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I'm probably gonna look dumb asking this... but what is KI:U?

Kid Icarus Uprising... had to Google it myself

Wait... Mr 3 3DSs had to google the name of a 3DS game? :o

:( 

lol, just forgot it. For some reason I kept thinking Killer Instinct, but didn't know what that U was from  

Yeah, same here.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:
Sensei said:
Because GTA is better for adults and Smash is for kids.

lmfao, go look up wat games kids actually play.

Minecraft and Angry Birds?

Pretty much, yeah.

I haven't played Smash so I can't really say anything when comparing the two, they are both different games anyway.

I did play GTA V though and let me tell you First Person mode would be a great reason as to why its Metacritic score is so high, seriously, it makes the game feel like a complete new experience.

Both games are above 90 so you can't go wrong with either one.

Xevross said:

Perhaps GTA V is a better game? Just a thought...

This.

A few people treat everything that Nintendo put out are pure gold simply because of past iterations and lack of software on the Wii U. Does not make it the end all, be all video game though.

JazzB1987 said:

-snip-

Edit: just found out even the PS4 and XBO versions cant sustain 30 FPS.    FAIL....

They do for the most part. DF's comparison video of the two was a stress test, intended to highlight the most challenging parts of the game. Both versions did surprisingly well (considering how difficult it is to maintain a stable resource rate in large open world shooters). They uploaded 2 other 20 minutes frame-rate tests showing how both run during standard play, and both versions runs at a near perfect 30fps.

padib said:
Sensei said:
Angelv577 said:
Can't you just be grateful that it's the highest rated fighting games ever or one of them. Arguing for few extra meta points is just insane.

Well, except Smash is not a fighting game.

Then what is it?

Platform/action. Not fighting.