By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii “a shadow of its former self”, Vita better than 3DS and others as “best handheld gaming experience”

HyrulianScrolls said:
Sony may have a lot of the gaming community buying into their hype, but I continue to see no way whatsoever that they're backing it up these days. The games speak for themselves, and Nintendo's games right now are an exclamation mark while Sony's are a faint whisper. It's just too bad so many people still can't see past the hype. But it's OK, Sonys arrogance will come around to bite them in the butt eventually, just like what happened at the beginning of the PS3's life cycle when they were arrogantly thinking people would pay outrageous prices just for the brand name of Sony.

Opinion bud thats all you got, iv played most of the so called great wiu games.  All mediocre as hell to me, put down Kart after two houres had nothing motivating me to pick it up agian.  Infamous was better then any game you can mention on the wiiu, well except a remaster/remake.  

But its ok.  Nintendos aggogance bit them in the ass already, look at wiiu sales.  They arrogantly thought they could tell consumers what they want and they anwsered with avoiding their product with a vengence.  

lol funny ehh, any one can play your whine and cry poor poor me game.  

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
The problem is, both Nintendo and Sony have their faults in beliefs. Yes, Wii U isn't doing that well and PS4 is appealing to the mass market. However, the PS Vita is selling like corn nuts while the 3DS is simply killing the competition. It doesn't matter what either thinks, it comes down to numbers. PS4 is killing Wii U and 3DS is killing Vita. Simple as that.

3DS is not killing the vita. 3DS sales are very average. Te only thing stopping the vita from also bring average is itself. The thing slowely killing the 3DS is the mobile market. If Nintendo release another dedicated handheld like the 3DS as the next console the sales will be shicking bad. They need to come up with something new. Like the iphone was when it first hit. Hell Nintendo should have been the ones releasing the iphone and they'd be kings of the market now. But they didn't and now they're in a rock and a hard place. Sony will wisely wind down the PSP brand after the vita. They're all about profit now and just minimizing the potential loses. 

EDIT: I wish the Sony execs would bit their tongue and just concentrate on their own game. 

Aphelion said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Sony may have a lot of the gaming community buying into their hype, but I continue to see no way whatsoever that they're backing it up these days. The games speak for themselves, and Nintendo's games right now are an exclamation mark while Sony's are a faint whisper. It's just too bad so many people still can't see past the hype. But it's OK, Sonys arrogance will come around to bite them in the butt eventually, just like what happened at the beginning of the PS3's life cycle when they were arrogantly thinking people would pay outrageous prices just for the brand name of Sony.

Opinion bud thats all you got, iv played most of the so called great wiu games.  All mediocre as hell to me, put down Kart after two houres had nothing motivating me to pick it up agian.  Infamous was better then any game you can mention on the wiiu, well except a remaster/remake.  

But its ok.  Nintendos aggogance bit them in the ass already, look at wiiu sales.  They arrogantly thought they could tell consumers what they want and they anwsered with avoiding their product with a vengence.  

lol funny ehh, any one can play your whine and cry poor poor me game.  

I guess he talks about the Vita and 3ds and not WiiU and PS4...

One does not just sell 100mil. - Thats probably why its selling less now.

And we all now the vita vs 3ds thing.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Vita is the best handheld? Again, lower memory card & have more PS1 games then walk.

*Talk.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Ljink96 said:
The problem is, both Nintendo and Sony have their faults in beliefs. Yes, Wii U isn't doing that well and PS4 is appealing to the mass market. However, the PS Vita is selling like corn nuts while the 3DS is simply killing the competition. It doesn't matter what either thinks, it comes down to numbers. PS4 is killing Wii U and 3DS is killing Vita. Simple as that.

3DS is not killing the vita. 3DS sales are very average. Te only thing stopping the vita from also bring average is itself. The thing slowely killing the 3DS is the mobile market. If Nintendo release another dedicated handheld like the 3DS as the next console the sales will be shicking bad. They need to come up with something new. Like the iphone was when it first hit. Hell Nintendo should have been the ones releasing the iphone and they'd be kings of the market now. But they didn't and now they're in a rock and a hard place. Sony will wisely wind down the PSP brand after the vita. They're all about profit now and just minimizing the potential loses. 

EDIT: I wish the Sony execs would bit their tongue and just concentrate on their own game. 

Anything that outsells its competition 5:1 or even more... is killing it. Yeah, the mobile market has taken some gamers away but the ones who know what games are supposed to be on a handheld have stayed with Nintendo. Just because there are mobile games doesn't mean Nintendo isn't making tons of money on 3DS and that's all that matters.

The person in charge of marketing and distribution in NA for vita should be fired and blacklisted from the industry as a whole. Try to find one on the shelves new. anywhere.

Ljink96 said:
Kerotan said:
Ljink96 said:

Anything that outsells its competition 5:1 or even more... is killing it. Yeah, the mobile market has taken some gamers away but the ones who know what games are supposed to be on a handheld have stayed with Nintendo. Just because there are mobile games doesn't mean Nintendo isn't making tons of money on 3DS and that's all that matters.

it's killing it in terms of sales but not the reason it's sales are shit. Same with the PS4 Wii U situation. 

LiquorandGunFun said:
The person in charge of marketing and distribution in NA for vita should be fired and blacklisted from the industry as a whole. Try to find one on the shelves new. anywhere.

They were fired and that's why you can't find vitas :D

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

ITT, people vastly overrate the 3DS' library.

Neither 3DS or Vita really compare to their last generation counterparts in volume.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.