By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii “a shadow of its former self”, Vita better than 3DS and others as “best handheld gaming experience”

dyremose said:
The wii statement is completely true, but as for 3ds and vita it doesnt hold up. I agree that is the best platform on the market in terms of hardware, but software is really lacking compared to the 3ds. If 3ds software and vita hardware combined that would make for an actual competition to mobile.

Vita has more software rated 75% or more despite a year less on market. 2 less than 85% plus but more since 2012.

agreed thoigh. 3DS software added to Vita would be an epic platform. In fact forget MS buying Vita from Sony (discussion on Minecraft Vita sales beating ps3 and ps4 launches). Nintendo should :D and port all the 3DS games to it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
dyremose said:
The wii statement is completely true, but as for 3ds and vita it doesnt hold up. I agree that is the best platform on the market in terms of hardware, but software is really lacking compared to the 3ds. If 3ds software and vita hardware combined that would make for an actual competition to mobile.

Vita has more software rated 75% or more despite a year less on market. 2 less than 85% plus but more since 2012.

agreed thoigh. 3DS software added to Vita would be an epic platform. In fact forget MS buying Vita from Sony (discussion on Minecraft Vita sales beating ps3 and ps4 launches). Nintendo should :D and port all the 3DS games to it.

Lol, Vita games barely get reviews thus they score high because of the few fanboy reviewers that do give it attention. 3DS has far better games than Vita.

Vita is a no go ... no teenager/adult is going to carry a gaming handheld around with them in this day and age. The library it has doesn't even factor into it, though the Vita has not done itself any favors there. We live in the smartphone era, whether people on this board want to admit it or not.

Nintendo even took away Monster Hunter, which basically castrated the system in Japan.

3DS has a decent library. I find Square-Enix is the one dev that hasn't supplied quite as much support as they could have (where's Final Fantasy V/VI remakes?) but otherwise it's OK.

Kid Icarus Uprising, Monster Hunter 4, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 2, Resident Evil Revelations, Bravely Default, Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Super Street Fighter IV, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ... I prefer the 3DS library to the DS honestly. DS did not have an original 3D Mario or Monster Hunter or Kid Icarus or Smash Brothers or an original Resident Evil or a Street Fighter. 

A Link Between Worlds is considerably better than either of the DS Zeldas too and it has OoT and Majora's Mask remakes to boot. 

The gripe I would have is that a lot of the Japanese games are not being translated over this gen (ahem, Dragon Quest VII).

Vita is a great piece of hardware, but really, Nintendo's next handheld will likely outperform it considerably, so that's not a big deal. 

ROFLMFAO! I'm dying!!

Give the Vita SD card support then we'll talk.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Lol, Vita games barely get reviews thus they score high because of the few fanboy reviewers that do give it attention. 3DS has far better games than Vita.

Are you going to support this with some evidence? I won't hold my breath given the username would suggest a specific agenda towards a certain company...

If you ask some people, they'll say Nintendo get better reviews by default purely because of the brands involved. You're more than welcome to believe that it's bias, but as an owner of all systems (apart from an XB1) I'd actually say the trend on meta critic is fairly accurate as far as handheld systems go. 3DS has a few mega system selling blockbusters. But Vita has a much better overall lineup.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.