By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii “a shadow of its former self”, Vita better than 3DS and others as “best handheld gaming experience”

they should have named it the PS Muerto. calling it the PS Vida is an injustice and just plain wrong

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
bubblegamer said:
Can't say i disagree with him, but people will be angry about this. It's arrogant when Sony says something as we all know.

We all know the Wii brand is dead, yes. We're not arguing about that. We're arguing that the Vita IS not better than the 3DS. Most people would say the 3DS is better, not the Vita.

Most people also say CoD is better than Mario. Are they right? What most people think is not why the Vita is better or worse.

no sony. it could have been if you actually tried. but 3DS is miles better. miles.

RolStoppable said:
Now imagine how good the Vita would be if sony* actually made games for it.

fixed*

Honestly people. Do you honestly believe a company's high-level employee is going to outright concede that their competition has a better product or a more successful product unless specifically asked about how they can improve their own business? Simply, no. Both Nintendo and Sony need to seem confident about their products for investors at the very least.

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:

Sadly, the best reason to buy a PSV, is for cross platform support and PS4 compatibility. It certainly isn't the game library or software support.

Despite loving my Vita and buying plenty of games for it, I think the Internet's position of saying that this is something bad really makes Sony avoid doing more advances on it.

I started using it as a controller on the PS4 too, since I only have a DS4. But it's not like I want. What I have to do is use it via remote play and use the DS4 as player 2. It works perfectly, but the Vita's screen remains on and showing the game. I would like to have the option to turn it off (so it could last more hours) and the option to be other player (instead of always player 1).

It's good to note that I play Vita games on it and don't use it only as an acessory, but I like to have my extra options.

About the library, I think people overreact. 3DS doesn't have a lot of big 3rd party titles too, almost all of them are only on home console. None of them can really be as effective as a home console.

bubblegamer said:
XanderXT said:
bubblegamer said:
Can't say i disagree with him, but people will be angry about this. It's arrogant when Sony says something as we all know.

We all know the Wii brand is dead, yes. We're not arguing about that. We're arguing that the Vita IS not better than the 3DS. Most people would say the 3DS is better, not the Vita.

Most people also say CoD is better than Mario. Are they right? What most people think is not why the Vita is better or worse.

No, what you basically said was that everyone knows that the PSVita is better than the 3DS. I'm just saying that not many people will agree with that statement.

XanderXT said:

No, what you basically said was that everyone knows that the PSVita is better than the 3DS. I'm just saying that not many people will agree with that statement.

And i'm saying people disagreeing with it don't make the Vita worse.

torok said:
greenmedic88 said:

Sadly, the best reason to buy a PSV, is for cross platform support and PS4 compatibility. It certainly isn't the game library or software support.

Despite loving my Vita and buying plenty of games for it, I think the Internet's position of saying that this is something bad really makes Sony avoid doing more advances on it.

I started using it as a controller on the PS4 too, since I only have a DS4. But it's not like I want. What I have to do is use it via remote play and use the DS4 as player 2. It works perfectly, but the Vita's screen remains on and showing the game. I would like to have the option to turn it off (so it could last more hours) and the option to be other player (instead of always player 1).

It's good to note that I play Vita games on it and don't use it only as an acessory, but I like to have my extra options.

About the library, I think people overreact. 3DS doesn't have a lot of big 3rd party titles too, almost all of them are only on home console. None of them can really be as effective as a home console.

The Vita is fantastic as a satellite device for the PS4; it's what I thought the PSP would be to the PS3, but that never really panned out.

It dropped the UMD format, which was probably the worst thing about the PSP, it added the second analog stick along with the rear touch pad, making it a viable substitute for an extra DS4, and the whole Remote Play thing just plain works as hyped. Like I said; I really like the Vita, I just don't use mine hardly ever.

Of course in all fairness, I don't use my 3DS at all anymore. 

When I want a quick portable gaming fix, I won't bother carrying a dedicated gaming system so I just play something simple on my iPhone. 

The Vita is really only something I'd bring on a trip that didn't involve me driving. I don't have a problem with the limited library; I understand perfectly where SCE is coming from in not wanting to divert big resources into games for a limited user base, but that's really what's going to keep most people from buying one if they're in the market for a dedicated gaming portable system. 

...sorry Sony but sales speak for themselves. Maybe if you had cheaper memory cards and actually supported the system better software wise things may have gone differently...