By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii “a shadow of its former self”, Vita better than 3DS and others as “best handheld gaming experience”

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Lawl, sales would say otherwise

If anything, its one of the worst handheld gaming experience in recent memory

Are you really gonna use sales as an indicator of quality? Does that mean that wiiu is one of the worst consoles ever? Cuz I really don't think so.

And people, let's not be hypocrites here. If you defended Reggie and Miyamoto for their comments, you have no place to judge Sony CEO's for similar comments either.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Lawl, sales would say otherwise

If anything, its one of the worst handheld gaming experience in recent memory

Are you really gonna use sales as an indicator of quality? Does that mean that wiiu is one of the worst consoles ever? Cuz I really don't think so.

And people, let's not be hypocrites here. If you defended Reggie and Miyamoto for their comments, you have no place to judge Sony CEO's for similar comments either.

Well, first of all, I didn't and since you are the lucky #3 that quoted me on the same thing, I guess I will edit it slighly after this post! What I essentially ment was that the 3ds has more games/exclusives that are appealing to more people then the vita does, thats it.

Secondly, Reggie said 3 things about the wiiU being the shitz. I forgot what I said on the first one cause it was a while ago, the second one I trashed on for him saying so and the third one, I said something neutral so neh

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Vita might be the 'king' specs wise but Sony couldn't figure out how to package and sell the damn thing. Put out enticing games! Don't just count on 3rd parties! End this cycle of catch 22 right now.

kinisking said:

I'm sorry but nobody buys an expensive portable for indies. When I buy a hand held I look at exclusives that each have that are actual triple a or double a exclusives. Ironically I bought a vita

Maybe you don't but you can't speak for everyone. Not everybody cares about exclusives, hence the wiiu not doing well. You're also forgetting that for anyone who likes Japanese games, the vita is the console to own.  Exclusives don't mater as much as everyone makes it seem in forums.  Is borderlands an exclusive? No. But what other mobile/handheld device can offer a similar game/experience? Same with football manager and many other games. 

Well, first of all, I didn't and since you are the lucky #3 that quoted me on the same thing, I guess I will edit it slighly after this post! What I essentially ment was that the 3ds has more games/exclusives that are appealing to more people then the vita does, thats it.

Secondly, Reggie said 3 things about the wiiU being the shitz. I forgot what I said on the first one cause it was a while ago, the second one I trashed on for him saying so and the third one, I said something neutral so neh

Yes you did but let's agree to disagree. At least you fixed it afterwards which is something.

I said "people" referring to anyone (not just you) who posted on threads where Ninty execs called games on xb1/ps4 boring which a completely unprofessional thing to say. Whether you agree with them or not, you can't defend one unprofessional comment and trash another. 

There was nothing wrong or funny about his comment on the vita. Some people would agree and some wouldn't. Saying is the best is by no means the same as calling the opposition boring and saying that they lack innovation.

Around the Network

Wii isn't doing that badly, it even sold more units in NA than Vita did two weeks ago according to the chartz. So much for the greatest handheld experience, I wonder if they could say that with a straight face.

naruball said:

Yes you did but let's agree to disagree. At least you fixed it afterwards which is something.

I said "people" referring to anyone (not just you) who posted on threads where Ninty execs called games on xb1/ps4 boring which a completely unprofessional thing to say. Whether you agree with them or not, you can't defend one unprofessional comment and trash another. 

There was nothing wrong or funny about his comment on the vita. Some people would agree and some wouldn't. Saying is the best is by no means the same as calling the opposition boring and saying that they lack innovation.

Well... Its a two way street for most people... If people are going to trash one person's favorite company but then the competitor says something dumb as well, then obviously the "defenders" have every right to trash that company as well.

And I do think its quite funny cause their actions have been different than what hes saying. Sony continues to show little support on the vita and goes even far as to essentally say that if you want to play more games on the vita, use the remote play feature on the ps4 (in another thread that is). At least Nintendo continues to support the wiiU

But in either cases, I don't really care. The only reason I keep on coming back to the threads is cause of the people that are quoting me which is fine

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

While i agree that vita is the best (not that it has much life left though) I feel a bit miffed at the moment.
There is literally a thread over there where Reggie said that the Wii U offered the best monetary value this holiday and was called arrogant and in denial. Sony comes right out and says that the 3ds is inferior and shockingly the bakcklash is less...

Sounds like this guy might end up being just as bad as Jack Tretton on the PR front.

EDITED

4 ≈ One

I wouldn't say PS Vita is better than the 3DS but it's still a decent system. Sony just can't seem to figure out how to market their handheld systems. Also, while the statement about the Wii may be true, it's ironic that it's coming from Sony since Sony as a company is a mere shadow of it's former self.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com