By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet 3 Reviews Coming In! [MetaScore:79 out of 23 Reviews]

gintama said:
LBP 3 couldn't beat rayman legend

It's very hard to beat the best 2D platformer in ages!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Protendo said:
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers didn't fully patch the game.

I'm optimistic. I'm not a big Sudo fan, but I am a big Little Big Planet fan. I am seeing a lot of good reviews that are quite logical.

Polygon docking it for lack of content. This game has so much user content compatible day 1 that I don't even understand...

They didn't get the memo you can play FF VII in LBP 3.

MoHasanie said:
So just an average game then. PS4 hasn't had a quite a bad year in terms of games.

People have a strange idea on what is average these days.

Vita version remains king. Not unexpected, it was phenomenal, but not many people would know that :D

I'll still be picking up LBP3 because I love working through the campaigns and seeing what other users come up with.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Aura7541 said:

The problem with reviewing LBP3 is that this is a game that thrives in user-generated content. What it is now will definitely not be what it'll be months later. Also, some of the sites reviewed the game unfairly such as Polygon criticizing it for lack of content or IGN not reviewing the game with the patch.

They reviewed the game in its "current" state, which at the time did not include all of that content.  I don't see how that is unfairly.  I mean, I do agree that it is likely a better game now and will continue to be better, but if they gave special treatment to LBP3 then they would have to do the same for every game.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network
JakDaSnack said:
Aura7541 said:

The problem with reviewing LBP3 is that this is a game that thrives in user-generated content. What it is now will definitely not be what it'll be months later. Also, some of the sites reviewed the game unfairly such as Polygon criticizing it for lack of content or IGN not reviewing the game with the patch.

They reviewed the game in its "current" state, which at the time did not include all of that content.  I don't see how that is unfairly.  I mean, I do agree that it is likely a better game now and will continue to be better, but if they gave special treatment to LBP3 then they would have to do the same for every game.

However, the patch came out Day 1, so they didn't really review LBP3 at its current state. This is not like Driveclub where it had online issues for weeks.

AZWification said:
gintama said:

Did you play DKCTF?

If not, you really have to.

JakDaSnack said:
Aura7541 said:

Dont defend this pathetic industry and the scum that infest it.

LOGICALLY a game should be reviewd as it is day one for the consumer thus if there is a patch day one it best be reviewd with it.  Dont BS and spin abut some special treatment crap.  Every game should be reviewd as it is day one patched or not.  

Tippi said:
AZWification said:
gintama said:

Did you play DKCTF?

If not, you really have to.

Both awesome games. It's been a fantastic few years for 2D platformers and I couldn't be happier! I just hope arcade racing can enjoy a similar ressurgence in the near future (here's looking at you 90s Racer!)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

IGN reviews officially sucks. They gave Alien Isolation a 5.9, and that game was amazing. They gave CoD: AW a 9.1, and it was so so. In fact, IGN's score is Advanced Warfare's highest score. And now they gave LBP3 a 6.8...??? Really!?

Hopefully, LBP3 metascore will be above 80 after the reviews of European websites, the Spanish ones especially (3DJuegos, Meristation, Vandal, LaPS4), come in.