By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Who is your favorite rock band/rock artist?

Jefferson Starship > Jefferson Airplane

If only for "Jane".

"White Rabbit" is great though.

Around the Network

The Cure, U2 (in the 80s), Krautrock in general

Smeags said:
Jefferson Starship > Jefferson Airplane

If only for "Jane".

"White Rabbit" is great though.

Starship>Jefferson Starship>Jefferson Airplane

As far as mid 80s music goes you can't get much better then "We Build This City", "Sara" and "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now".

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin! An honourable mention goes to Radiohead.

Around the Network

Let me mention more then a few bands that I also like that haven't been mentioned yet. The Beatles, Chicago, America, Three Dog Night, Electric Light Orchestra, Kiss, Steppenwolf (Born to be Wild is pretty much the first heavy metal song), Styx, The Guess Who, The Doors, The Doobie Brothers, Grand Funk Railroad, Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show, Prince, Jimi Hendrix (his guitar work his vocals are kinda sup par) and The Isley Brother (I know they are mostly R&B but some of their stuff is rock and Ernie Isley's guitar riffs are pure rock).

if you count Alternative Rock then i have..... tori amos

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Neil Young and Crazy Horse

Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band

Steely Dan

R.E.M.

Chris Hu said:
Goddbless said:
I would have to say Nirvana. How come no one said Jefferson Airplane?

Well they really only had one great song in "Somebody to Love",  The Rolling Stones have at least forty since their Forty Licks greatest hits album is a pretty good collection of their best songs and nobody has mentioned them yet either.

In my opinion White Rabbit is their greatest song.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Smeags said:

Muse is my favorite band of all time. Started out with Absolution and never looked back (went back and got their earlier stuff as well, don't worry ).

And don't make fun of me too much, but I love Evanescence as well. Kinda have a thing for symphonic rock. @_@

Muse is great! One of my favorite bands! Actually a lot of my favorite artists come from the UK

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash