By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Who is your favorite rock band/rock artist?

Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Scorpions. Guns n Roses, Slash, Alter Bridge and some others like led zep, deep purple and black Sabbath.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Seeing some great bands in here: Tool, Testament, Faith No More, Nightwish, Mary Beats Jane (quite surprised to see that one in here)

As for me, I can't just pick one band. In addition to the bands listed above, I like Amorphis, Iced Earth, Samael, OLD In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Green Carnation, Orphaned Land, Paradise Lost, etc.

Judas Priest!

I like many of the bands mentioned so far but I won't repeat them and just say that Metric has been my favorite group since I discovered them with their 2009 album Fantasies. I've seen purchased all their albums (not a bad one in the lot) and went to see them twice. They're awesome wrapped amazing, check them out!

Signature goes here!

Edwyn Collins

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Patricio rey y los redonditos de ricota!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

small44 said:
ska-p

Ska wasn't that much inspired by Blues, so even an extended definition would not stick.

Awesome Band though.

My all time favourites would be Deep Purple, mostly because Made in Japan might be the best album of all time.

Special mentions for Muse, The Eagles, Led Zed, Ray Charles, Django Reinhardt and Tal Wilkenfeld.

Hard for me to state a definitive rock band as I enjoy so many.

To me Rock music is emotion and energy. The instruments and lyrics convey feelings better to me than any other form. Just picking a band I am going to with System of a Down who managed to convey rage and melancholy, often within seconds of each other. Their first album is raw and flawed and I love it for it. Maybe because I grew up with live rock shows but I prefer the imperfections over produced clean crisp sounding music. I want to hear not just the words, but the emotion an artists conveys.

I like to choose between the spectrum of classic and modern rock. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Boston, Head East, Deep Purple, Ozzy Osbourne, Genesis; in comparison with Muse (like the rest), Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, UNKLE, among some others.