By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 360 Sales Bet - Supply Issue and March - Right Forum this time

Wait a minute.... Why is it showing them as March 1st numbers when it was supposed to be Febuary 29th.... These new numbers arent part of the bet are they?

Around the Network

@username

they arent'

@NJ5

because 360 was supply constrained, if it isn't supply constrained from this week forward sales will return to normal levels

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^no the numbers after these are

MikeB said:
I'll only bet against you for NPD's full month figures, I expect the PS3 will win March.

If you so despise VGChartz numbers, why do you stay here?

In any case, late last year shipment figures showed VGC to be more accurate than NPD, at least for a time.  That is enough to indicate that at the very least NPD numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
MikeB said:
I'll only bet against you for NPD's full month figures, I expect the PS3 will win March.

If you so despise VGChartz numbers, why do you stay here?

In any case, late last year shipment figures showed VGC to be more accurate than NPD, at least for a time. That is enough to indicate that at the very least NPD numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

In what way did that comment by Mike-B showing any 'dispises' toward VGC?

Sure, everybody makes mistakes from time to time, but NPD's number is generally considered more accurate number than VGC's, simply because they sample a much greater number than we do.

I don't think that request is way out of line here. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

MikeB consistently posts about how inaccurate VGC numbers are supposed to be in all territories, even in numbers that have nothing to do with sales.

He has a well rehearsed spiel about US tracking companies and Sony-announced EU percentages that he throws in for the fun of it.

Well shoot, if the 360 was supply constrained, and it isn't now, I'm starting to get worried.... Maybe its just a fluke.....

Damn, I wish I saw this thread sooner. I would have joined the bet too.........

But on gebx side of course! :D

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

>He has a well rehearsed spiel about US tracking companies and Sony-announced EU percentages that he throws in for the fun of it.

It was in fact there is always controvesy that makes this forum fun. Why would go post on a website full of pure, unquestionable stats?

We all know VGC isn't perfectly accurate, but ioi works hard to correct them everytime he has, so for that, I'm grateful. And seriously, chill out. Mike_B has a point, if he only wants him base on NPD's number, let's wait for gebx's reply, it's not like you or me are in this bet anyway

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@ Wale....hehe, well it's not possible to join on Gebx's side now is it?