By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 360 Sales Bet - Supply Issue and March - Right Forum this time

starcraft said:
MikeB consistently posts about how inaccurate VGC numbers are supposed to be in all territories, even in numbers that have nothing to do with sales.

He has a well rehearsed spiel about US tracking companies and Sony-announced EU percentages that he throws in for the fun of it.

I don't have anything against the VGChartz effort, it will be interesting to see how close or apart the figures will be for February and March. If they are wrong VGChartz may adjust, it's still interesting to follow and discuss this here on the forums. Yes, I agree with what ioi stated in the past with regard to the NPD being more accurate, but that doesn't mean I don't like the effort here. Likewise I may prefer the PS3, but this not imply I dislike the Wii, PS2, NDS, PSP, DC, N64, Master system, Snes, Lynx, etc.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I think it is stupid to adjust VGC numbers directly to NPD ones, when it has been shown that NPD can so easily be wrong. In any case, if such adjustments were made, what would be the point of VGC? It would be just another forum.

The more people independently tracking sales the better overall tracking will become. It is the nature of competition.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
@ Wale....hehe, well it's not possible to join on Gebx's side now is it?

well, I think it is, the bet doesn't really start until end of next week (before the number comes in)

Although I never wanted to join in the first place, with constant number adjustment we see on this website (happened just last nigth with PS3 number) and such a close race, xbox can beat PS3 in 3 weeks and then we will see a secret PS3 adjustment.

For all we know, I kinda agree with Mike_B, I won't do it unless it's NPD number.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:

well, I think it is, the bet doesn't really start until end of next week (before the number comes in)

Although I never wanted to join in the first place, with constant number adjustment we see on this website (happened just last nigth with PS3 number) and such a close race, xbox can beat PS3 in 3 weeks and then we will see a secret PS3 adjustment.

For all we know, I kinda agree with Mike_B, I won't do it unless it's NPD number.

Well Gebx said he would take that bet.

Add KingofWale to the list Geb.

starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
starcraft said:

Well Gebx said he would take that bet.

Add KingofWale to the list Geb.

How about this? I will do it if you do.

It just seems awfully wrong of me to join all by myself while you seem to be the more interested person, I will only be in to keep you company. ;)

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network

Hmmmmm, so what your suggesting is that you will risk a one week ban if I risk a 12 week one?

How about you agree to match the 12 week ban?

hey, you are either in or not, I don't have time to waste. ;)

Just a simple yes or no.

if you don't, I guess I have no choice but also to stay out of this one.

selnor
Episode 2:
azrm2k said:
PooperScooper said:

I'll join but here are my conditions.

A. This bet isn't the cause of my ban
B. If you win I start insulting you and trolling
C. The insult and troll ban that I will receive is only for one week.

That way you won't be the reason for my ban. I will be the cause. I don't like putting my fate in the hands of others.

and I'm not entering the bet because I think you will lose. I'm entering it to up the anty for you. Kinda like bidding on something you know someone else wants.

I'm sorry but that is one of the stupidest things i've ever read.  If you enter a ban bet you get banned for losing.  If you don't want to give him the "satisfaction" of knowing he caused you to be banned then don't enter the bet.  The whole point of public ban bets is for bragging rights and how you caused others to be banned. 

I'm sorry but you are one of the biggest idiots I have ever known. Anyways there are alot of terms and conditions for bets. Those are my terms and conditions. if he doesn't like it he doesn't need to take it. The reason why I don't want to bet is because of WHO it is. Not because WHAT it is. Gebx doesn't deserve me getting banned. And this isn't about bragging rights for me. It's about inflating the ban length. Like bidding on an auction(you dont want) to force someone to pay more.

Do not worry comrades, the PS3 will triumph =)))

lol

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

PooperScooper said:

I'm sorry but you are one of the biggest idiots I have ever known.

Fair enough.

Gebx doesn't deserve me getting banned. And this isn't about bragging rights for me. It's about inflating the ban length.

So gebx doesn't "deserve" to get you banned but you "deserve" to inflate his ban length?  Man if only I could set up such an agreement at the local OTB.  

"Yeah i'd like to put $50 on the next race but if I lose you don't deserve the money so i'll just go spend the money elsewhere."