By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 360 Sales Bet - Supply Issue and March - Right Forum this time

Update - so far 12 people have signed on (I had missed Retrasado)!! That's almost 3 months if the 360 doesn't outsell the PS3 three out of the next four weeks!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Well Gebx, you are still alive. The vote goes to the 360 by 9k. (crap)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
Well Gebx, you are still alive. The vote goes to the 360 by 9k. (crap)

Considering how many times the PS3 has actually outsold the 360 in NA, I'm not surprised that he's still alive.

Ok, there's two things I don't understand about the logic (of either sides) going into this bet.
gebx's side: Microsoft has said themselves that they are expecting low sales and supply issues for March, along with a possible price cut rumor floating around, how can you be so confident?
PS3 fans side: Sony JUST announced a MGS4 PS3 bundle for the U.S... don't you all think that will hurt sales since so many people are supposedly waiting for MGS4? Also, we all know that the 360 had some sort of supply constraint and MS plans to resupply, wouldn't that mean that sales already hit rock bottom and would ONLY increase?? How could you guys be so confident?

Anyways, this is actually a really entertaining bet, i think the numbers will be close and might even go two ways (VGchartz says 360 wins, NPD says PS3 wins). If gebx wins, he'll be the hero of every 360 fanboy on this site. I know this all for fun, but it's ridiculous how people are so confident given the many hitches that can ruin which ever side.

Lol! The first week goes to 360.

Around the Network

So 360 gets another week. 2 weeks left and the PS3 has to come out on top both weeks for gebx to be banned for a few months.

gebx said:

Ok, so a sales bet thread shouldn't go in a sales forum... that's cool, no problem

I bet that out of the 4 full weeks of March (Weeks ending March 8th, March 15, March 22 and March 29) the 360 will outsell the PS3 at least three out of four weeks in NA.

The wager is one week ban if you lose, but if I lose (here's the interesting part), I'll get banned for the amount of people who bet against me. Example- if twenty people bet against me and I lose, I would be banned for twenty weeks.

Please no dummy accounts (new accounts created today)

From previous locked thread in wrong forum - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=19344#end

polishforlife and Gerinako have both entered the bet

@Gerinako yeah, cause I saw one of your posts before I created the thread

List -

darthdevidem01
polishforlife
Gerinako
Willem
Jandre002 - Any price cut announced before March 23rd will annul the whole bet and let everyone off*
xenophon13
Flow
- Kingofwale will pay fine if banned
Username2324
- Kingofwale will pay fine if banned
Salamursu
WhiteDevil
Retrasado

MikeB - Using Official March NPD numbers (For MikeB only)

* I expect the 360 to sweep the first three weeks and win the bet, so any price cuts during the 4th week won't matter.

Ouch! U got some ball$!! I think you will get away with banning all those ppl as even with M$ admiting defeat in 2 consecutive months VGChartz has Xb360 ahead of ps3 week in week out...

Anyway u got my respect for putting your account where your mouth is!!

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it... 

kylw said:

Ouch! U got some ball$!! I think you will get away with banning all those ppl as even with M$ admiting defeat in 2 consecutive months VGChartz has Xb360 ahead of ps3 week in week out...

Anyway u got my respect for putting your account where your mouth is!!

:)

Just need 1 more week! 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Honestly, I will laugh at everyone who got banned from Sony side, if NPD number shows that VGC undertracked PS3 (relative to Xbox360) for the third month in a row

;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Another week for 360.
gebx your are so close.