By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 360 Sales Bet - Supply Issue and March - Right Forum this time

kingofwale said:
hey gebx, I have a question.

Say if VGC reports xbox winning 3 of 4 weeks, But from NPD number, it shows that PS3 is in fact, selling better than xbox (like what happened in Jan), what will happen then?

I mean, I love VGC, but I have to go with NPD number since it's much more accurate of the two.

If NPD shows PS3 won over the 360 I'll eat crow...

and all bets will be annuled and everyone will be off the hook

but again, I'm pretty sure NPD will show 360 beating the PS3

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
gebx said:
kingofwale said:

Say if VGC reports xbox winning 3 of 4 weeks, But from NPD number, it shows that PS3 is in fact, selling better than xbox (like what happened in Jan), what will happen then?

I mean, I love VGC, but I have to go with NPD number since it's much more accurate of the two.

by you will eat crow.. you mean you will honour it? or you mean that everyone will be off the hook?

Well, I'm glad you are man enough to take on this bet. So I wish you and everyone here best of luck

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
azrm2k said:
PooperScooper said:

I'm sorry but you are one of the biggest idiots I have ever known.

Fair enough.

Gebx doesn't deserve me getting banned. And this isn't about bragging rights for me. It's about inflating the ban length.

So gebx doesn't "deserve" to get you banned but you "deserve" to inflate his ban length?  Man if only I could set up such an agreement at the local OTB.  

"Yeah i'd like to put $50 on the next race but if I lose you don't deserve the money so i'll just go spend the money elsewhere."

But OTB will not accept those terms. It doesn't benefit them at all. If you however say "I will work for you for a week" they would be more inclined to consider it. There are no rules in betting. Betting is an agreement between two people. If he agrees with me then that is fine.

Damn, I really wish ioi would of stalled these numbers for a couple days so that I could of roped up a couple more peeps...

Just to clarify, these numbers do not count!!!

The reason why I left them out is because for most stores the 360 was only in stock for the 2 final days of the week reported (Friday Feb 29th and Saturday Mar 1st)... I really didn't those two days where enough for the 360 to win the week.

gebx said:
kingofwale said:

Well my ban will stay regardless of NPD. That would mean we would have to wait until mid-April to start the bans. I think ioi's numbers are accurate enough if there isnt a major shortage, or some retail stores burn down or something out of the ordinary.

Haha what a week to place a bet like that though. Your timing was perfect.

I did think it was a little early for PS3 in NA. But I doubt we will ever see the 360 outsell the PS3 by more than 25% for the year in North America, unless GeOW2 comes out a week where the PS3 has no games. 

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
gebx said:
kingofwale said:

by you will eat crow.. you mean you will honour it? or you mean that everyone will be off the hook?

Well, I'm glad you are man enough to take on this bet. So I wish you and everyone here best of luck

Yeah, why not... I have respect for all those who signed up, they stood up and took the risk. And the only three I really wanted to see banned where you, DMJ and pooper... but all three of you backed down

kingofwale said:
hey, you are either in or not, I don't have time to waste. ;)

Just a simple yes or no.

if you don't, I guess I have no choice but also to stay out of this one.

Yes I thought your resolve might disappear if we were talking about a bet on equal terms.  But don't worry, when it comes to a 12-week ban bet, i'm probably just as chicken as you are;)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well how about if people go on gebx's side then it would split the bet between them. For example, if I joined with gebx and we lost then we would both get a 6 week ban(with 12 people on the PS3 side for example) and if another person came in then it would be split between us 3 if we lost, in this case a 4 week ban for all 3 of us. If we won then it would still be the 1 week ban for all the PS3 people.

That way gebx wouldn't have to assume all of the risk counting on the 360. I believe that it will outsell the PS3 in NA for at least 3 of the 4 weeks in March too and I'm willing to enter in on gebx's side. :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Hey gebx
I said I'll take your bet in case you didn't notice...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Even if gebx wins this bet, it doesn't mean the 360 isn't losing terribly to the PS3. The bet is that the 360 will outsell the PS3 in the 360's best territory. And it's a given that it will be outsold badly in Europe and Japan.

And momentum has been swinging toward the PS3. Even if the 360 pulls out a March win in its best territory, is is but a flash in the pan as far as the remainder of the console race is concerned.