By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 360 Sales Bet - Supply Issue and March - Right Forum this time

krik said:
elnino334 said:
smbu2000 said:
Does NPD break stuff down by individual weeks? How would you know which system won which weeks, especially if they happen to be close for some of March?

Could just do for the whole month for those wanting NPD instead. By the way gebx will win if my retail birdies are right.

Did your birdies warned you about PS3 beating 360 in January? I don't think so, no one expected until a week before NDP data when MS starts blaming "shortages" for a bad month.

I think the PS3 is going to surprise us all this year. Even in NA.

Sorry for the late responce as I just noticed.  Yes the birdies did tell me the 360 might not sell as well as it should.  I didn't know the PS3 would beat though since I don't really ask about the PS3 though I was told it was selling well.  For those curious I have a friend that is the manager of a gamespot and another that works at radio shack.  Yeah I know not the greatest source but between them and checking online stores you could easily see there was a serious shortage from January until about mid to late February.

In terms of the PS3 surprising us wouldn't that just make sense LOL.  With games coming out, price drops etc do you really think the PS3 would be worse then the previous year.  I figure it was common sense PS3 only had up to go.

P.S
I forgot to mention my friend who works at gamespot said that he expected the shortage to last untill at least March and this was back in January so the retail chain did know something.

Around the Network

Awwwwwwww crap. Haha. Someone tell me this is just a back up those people looking for 360's...

Well, hopefully they drop the price mid-March in NA, that way I can get out of it

__XBrawlX__ said:
Well...gbex has one the first week...

Gebx: 1/3
Others: 0/2

Well see what happens next week.

The bet does not start until next week, so everyone is still safe.  For now.

__XBrawlX__ said:
Well...gbex has one the first week...

Gebx: 1/3
Others: 0/2

Well see what happens next week.

He hasnt won anything yet. It doesnt start until next week (thank god)

I'm actually hoping the 360 kicks it back into gear :P I felt bad that it was being outsold by the PS3 in every territory >

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

hey gebx, I have a question.

Say if VGC reports xbox winning 3 of 4 weeks, But from NPD number, it shows that PS3 is in fact, selling better than xbox (like what happened in Jan), what will happen then?

I mean, I love VGC, but I have to go with NPD number since it's much more accurate of the two.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Hey, I'll take your bet. PS3 FTW!! But if M$ drops the price in March, I'd like to be let off the hook because that's kind of not fair to the PS3....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

@Jandre

NO, he said Beginning from Week ENDING March 8

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^ and the numbers that just came in are march 1st numbers.

Now why would the 360 start losing after winning this week? Any big launches upcoming in USA?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957