By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All The HIGHEST Rated Games of All Time (95+ Only) and Developers...

Ka-pi96 said:

Phew. Was starting to worry

Well, Solid Snake is the star of Metal Gear. The franchise wouldn't simply exist without him.

Around the Network
Wright said:
estebxx said:

to each their own, i wasnt as bothered by it as many people out there but i wont deny i liked snake more.

1)
The thing is, if you remove Raiden from MGS2, the plot falls apart.

2) I never understood why people was bothered with Raiden outside being the main character. It's not like he steals the spot of Snake, who sticks with you like the 70% of Big Shell, and outshines Raiden in everything he does. Even when you fight side to side with him, you can clearly see which one is better from the two.

3) The fact that no one anticipated Raiden, the fact that the plot revolves around no one anticipating Raiden and the marvellous gameplay is what makes, for me, MGS2 the best Metal Gear game. And as a disclaimer: I prefer Snake over Raiden, too.

1) im not talking about removing him...

2) the only reason that bothered me and the reason why it bothered many people was exactly what you said, there no more reasons to be bothered with him.

3) i thought you already said that before, but anyway i respect your opinion, i just liked MGS3 more.

estebxx said:

2) the only reason that bothered me and the reason why it bothered many people was exactly what you said, there no more reasons to be bothered with him.

Not talking about you, but I've always thought that what people disliked wasn't that someone else was the main character, but rather, the bishonen aspect of Raiden. I think someone that resembled Snake more would have caused less uproar.

Of course, Codec Convos with Rose didn't help, either.

Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You prefer MGS 2 to the original MGS?

Indeed. MGS2 is the best Metal Gear game, so far, for me.

MGS3 is my second favorite game ever and superior to 2 in every way to me ESPECIALLY story

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
Wright said:

Indeed. MGS2 is the best Metal Gear game, so far, for me.

MGS3 is my second favorite game ever and superior to 2 in every way to me ESPECIALLY story

I liked the plot, but it felt too much like a James Bond movie at times, and it was disconnected a bit from the rest of the Metal Gear Solid games in the sense that it did not explain Big Boss' downfall, but rather, simply highlighted the origins of The Patriots and Ocelot (which would subsequently be explained in more detail in Peace Walker and now MGS5). MGS3 is the only MGS game that makes me not wanna punch Big Boss in the face, so kudos for it.

Gameplay was ace, but Konami contrived some things I did not like; for example: camouflage. Changing costumes in PS2 was a boring, long affair. It all got fixed in MGS4 thanks to the octocamo.

Boss fights are MILES better than MGS2. That's the only thing I'd really put MGS3 over MGS2.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Not talking about you, but I've always thought that what people disliked wasn't that someone else was the main character, but rather, the bishonen aspect of Raiden. I think someone that resembled Snake more would have caused less uproar.

Of course, Codec Convos with Rose didn't help, either.

hmmm ok, yeah i remember part of that "controversy", but i never paid much attention to it since it never bothered me, i just heard more people complaining about not being able to play as snake.

but yeah i kind of remember that the president grabed raidens... balls to confirm if he was a man or not. which i must admit was really funny to me, and i never got the codec convos with rose... but i am going to replay all the games before MGS V comes out, i have the PS3 complete HD collection and havent played it yet, so im gonna try and get the codec to see what its about.

Wright said:
estebxx said:
For me its MGS 3>MGS 2, that e3 demo for MGS2 though... i bet thats a huge reason why the game ranked so high, it just blew peoples minds at the begining with that intro.

Nah, all the game blows people's minds. It's brilliant from beginning to end, with a few problems along the way, though.

I love MGS2. In terms of gameplay I think it's better than 3. The story however is the weakest. it's just too much. The bosses were also the worst in the series. Only Vamp out of Dead Cell was interesting and his fight wasn't that good (Solidus was pretty good though).

Wright said:

I liked the plot, but it felt too much like a James Bond movie at times, and it was disconnected a bit from the rest of the Metal Gear Solid games in the sense that it did not explain Big Boss' downfall, but rather, simply highlighted the origins of The Patriots and Ocelot (which would subsequently be explained in more detail in Peace Walker and now MGS5). MGS3 is the only MGS game that makes me not wanna punch Big Boss in the face, so kudos for it.

Gameplay was ace, but Konami contrived some things I did not like; for example: camouflage. Changing costumes in PS2 was a boring, long affair. It all got fixed in MGS4 thanks to the octocamo.

Boss fights are MILES better than MGS2. That's the only thing I'd really put MGS3 over MGS2.

It's got my favorite boss battles of any game ever tbh so we agree on that.  I prefer the camo over 4's because I'm into that strategic kinda stuff.  The story is great for people into the series overall but keeps it simple enough to understand without getting too far out in left field for little end result (MGS2 AND MGS4).  I think it's miles deeper with better characters and development than any James Bond movie.  2 had great improvements in gameplay and I wouldn't have minded them switching protagonists (like in MGS3 obviously) but Raiden was very unlikeable to me he just whined and whined and stripped and cartwheeled and then whined some more.  I could not like him but some do so whatever.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

All that matters here.

I think its actually surpassed Suikoden 2 as my favourite all time videogame. Its so close between them both, Im not sure what Id choose anymore.

kljesta64 said:
twilight princess is a surprise

Not really. It was easily the best Zelda game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MntopG924