By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All The HIGHEST Rated Games of All Time (95+ Only) and Developers...

eyeofcore said:
7 Nintendo
4 PlayStation
2 Microsoft

Sony: Uncharted 2, TLOU, Litlle Big Panet, Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo 3.

5 games.

Around the Network

Top Games by Gen (excluding pc)
Gen 5: N64/PS1/Sega Saturn
Gen 6: Xbox/PS2/GCN/DC
Gen 7: X360/PS3/Wii

That is a depressing order. XD

4 ≈ One

Carl2291 said:

All that matters here.

I think its actually surpassed Suikoden 2 as my favourite all time videogame. Its so close between them both, Im not sure what Id choose anymore.

Baldur's Gate 2 is one of the best things I've experienced in my life. Regrettably, I didn't beat it back then because I was a kid and didn't understand certain things. It didn't help that the game wasn't easy.

I disagree with the GTAs games, they are all good, but only a few are close to the rest of the list in quality, IMO.

Would've been nice to see more effort made:

1. Using the version of a multiplatform game which was reviewed by more publications.

2. Checking to see if Metacritic or GameRankings used more reviews since a larger sample size equals a more accurate average score representative of a groups opinion.

3. Working out the real averages from Metascores and not using their weighted bullshit.

I'm not going to work it out but I reckon at least 10 games from the OP would/should be omitted doing it this way thus giving us a shorter but more accurate list of the 95+ club...

I can't help being overly scrupulous, meh.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Top Games by Gen (excluding pc)
Gen 5: N64/PS1/Sega Saturn
Gen 6: Xbox/PS2/GCN/DC
Gen 7: X360/PS3/Wii

That is a depressing order. XD

Shit i didnt edit that part lol!

Also guys, check out HH games here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193489

Wazowski said:
0815user said:
betting 5 bucks that ffxv will make it on that list.

im a final fantasy fan, but if FFVI,VII,VIII,IX,X didnt make to the list i dont see any of the franchise making:P

those games were in times where major jrpgs weren't rare but now they are. don't underestimate the thist-factor.  

artur-fernand said:
0815user said:
betting 5 bucks that ffxv will make it on that list.

It's Final Fantasy, and reviewers are picky recently.

I wish it did, but... not gonna happen.

like i said above... they haven't played something like ffxv for quite a while now. will be pretty hard to be picky if you have hardly anything to compare it to. 

Wright said:

Baldur's Gate 2 is one of the best things I've experienced in my life. Regrettably, I didn't beat it back then because I was a kid and didn't understand certain things. It didn't help that the game wasn't easy.

Hooray for us.

When you compare Baldur's Gate 2 to more *modern* WRPG's, you really start to see just how shallow the stuff they make now has become.

Carl2291 said:

Hooray for us.

When you compare Baldur's Gate 2 to more *modern* WRPG's, you really start to see just how shallow the stuff they make now has become.

The have content, but they lack soul.

EDIT: they also lack this:

Wright said:

The have content, but they lack soul.

Soul, heart and hamsters.

Edit - Ha! Perfect!