By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All The HIGHEST Rated Games of All Time (95+ Only) and Developers...

betting 5 bucks that ffxv will make it on that list.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
For me its MGS 3>MGS 2, that e3 demo for MGS2 though... i bet thats a huge reason why the game ranked so high, it just blew peoples minds at the begining with that intro.

Nah, all the game blows people's minds. It's brilliant from beginning to end, with a few problems along the way, though.

0815user said:

im a final fantasy fan, but if FFVI,VII,VIII,IX,X didnt make to the list i dont see any of the franchise making:P

0815user said:

It's Final Fantasy, and reviewers are picky recently.

I wish it did, but... not gonna happen.

Wright said:
estebxx said:
For me its MGS 3>MGS 2, that e3 demo for MGS2 though... i bet thats a huge reason why the game ranked so high, it just blew peoples minds at the begining with that intro.

Nah, all the game blows people's minds. It's brilliant from beginning to end, with a few problems along the way, though.

then its funny that every video naming MGS2 (and people that i know), always talk about the Tanker scene at the intro... (it is the most memorable one) plus lets not pretend that people were Happy when they realized that they had to play as raiden for 80% of the game.... we were all hoping to paly as snake again and we got that... kojimas greatest troll move.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Wright said:

then its funny that every video naming MGS2 (and people that i know), always talk about the Tanker scene at the intro... (it is the most memorable one) plus lets not pretend that people were Happy when they realized that they had to play as raiden for 80% of the game.... we were all hoping to paly as snake again and we got that... kojimas greatest troll move.

Playing as Raiden is precisely what makes MGS2 so brilliant. It's a plot twist within a plot twist.

Wright said:

Playing as Raiden is precisely what makes MGS2 so brilliant. It's a plot twist within a plot twist.

to each their own, i wasnt as bothered by it as many people out there but i wont deny i liked snake more.

And still the undisputed champion of game development.............NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!! NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

estebxx said:

to each their own, i wasnt as bothered by it as many people out there but i wont deny i liked snake more.

The thing is, if you remove Raiden from MGS2, the plot falls apart.

I never understood why people was bothered with Raiden outside being the main character. It's not like he steals the spot of Snake, who sticks with you like the 70% of Big Shell, and outshines Raiden in everything he does. Even when you fight side to side with him, you can clearly see which one is better from the two.

The fact that no one anticipated Raiden, the fact that the plot revolves around no one anticipating Raiden and the marvellous gameplay is what makes, for me, MGS2 the best Metal Gear game. And as a disclaimer: I prefer Snake over Raiden, too.

Great list!

Metroid Prime, Bioshock, and Mario Galaxy are truly flawless masterpieces, and my favorites on this list!