By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: Mario Kart 8 "best looking console game of the year"

Tagged games:

celador said:
I meant graphical in technical terms.  The style of the graphics are great though like I said, and I would say it is an attractive looking game, just not the best for the year

You're the only person in here recasting the statement as though it's about technical graphical quality, rather than visual quality.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I think it's far to say that its bolder to make a controversial declaration in front of a bigger audience, yeah. I'd be much more comfortable telling a politically incorrect joke to just my brother than to a stadium full of people, for instance!

I agree that in theory it shouldn't be controversial, because you're right, it's just an opinion, but in this age of pixel counting and graphical obsession, I can see this ruffling some feathers.

I don't think it's really controversial though :p Misleading (unintentionally i expect), but not controversial. The majority of feather rustling will likely come from people not understanding what he's saying. It doesn't help than a minority of very load Nintendo fans proclaim every new Nintendo title as the ultimate demonstration of graphics tech (R.I.P. Zero999). Makes it a lot easier for people to assume statements like this are being made by an idiot, rather than considering what's actually being said.

I agree... MK8's art direection is simply amazing.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Zekkyou said:
curl-6 said:

I think it's far to say that its bolder to make a controversial declaration in front of a bigger audience, yeah. I'd be much more comfortable telling a politically incorrect joke to just my brother than to a stadium full of people, for instance!

I agree that in theory it shouldn't be controversial, because you're right, it's just an opinion, but in this age of pixel counting and graphical obsession, I can see this ruffling some feathers.

I don't think it's really controversial though :p Misleading (unintentionally i expect), but not controversial. The majority of feather rustling will likely come from people not understanding what he's saying. It doesn't help than a minority of very load Nintendo fans proclaim every new Nintendo title as the ultimate demonstration of graphics tech (R.I.P. Zero999). Makes it a lot easier for people to assume statements like this are being made by an idiot, rather than considering what's actually being said.

That's kind of what I meant though, that it could be unintentionally controversial. 

curl-6 said:

That's kind of what I meant though, that it could be unintentionally controversial. 

Ah, well i can agree with that. The gaming community is nothing if not spectacularly skilled at creating unnecessary drama ^^

Around the Network

In the end, for me, it's not about pixels on screen or fps. It's ultimately how a game pleases my eyes. That's why Super Street Fighter 4 and its follow-ups were the best looking games of last gen, to me.

I think Captain Toad will be the game to beat this year.

Eh in terms of art and color it looks pretty good but technically not so much. Thankfully they aren't talking about the technical aspect alone

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Silently, Ubisoft is standing in a corner sobbing: "but... but... AC: Unity!"

Of course.
This game is fantasic.

HintHRO said:

WHAT? THERE ARE MORE VILLAGERS ON THIS SITE??