By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XV World Map!!!

Impressive. Here's hoping the world is full of life and missions etc....

Around the Network

Not exactly a "World Map", but it seems like a map of just a kingdom.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
VXIII said:

it is this city :

For some reason, my mind just picture an ugly pixelated Squall running down on that bridge. The joyness of pre-rendered backgrounds back in the age

Pleeeeease don't let me down, SE.

If that is indeed the world map I'd be worried. It doesn't look like you would need airships to travel across this single landmass of a continent as all the areas seem like they could be traveled to by car alone. I think SE is pulling a fast one on us again. I'm getting a bad feeling man. Dude!

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

character desing is terrible.

cool.

id like to see someone put the 2 titans of XBC in this map for comparing sizes.

LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
If that is indeed the world map I'd be worried. It doesn't look like you would need airships to travel across this single landmass of a continent as all the areas seem like they could be traveled to by car alone. I think SE is pulling a fast one on us again. I'm getting a bad feeling man. Dude!

When was it ever stated you need to travel by airship from one land mass to another??

ktay95 said:
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:

When was it ever stated you need to travel by airship from one land mass to another??

Not needed necessarily. The problem being that it hasn't been confirmed or stated in any kind of way that there are any controllable airships we can use in this game. It's always been a pivotal moment in FF games when you got control of an airship , and after you've been through so much in the story.   It would be extremely disappointing if airships can't be controlled in FFXV because SE has more than enough power and resources to make this possible.  They would be consciously denying us this, almost out of spite if use of airships weren't in it.  Given the director as well who allowed airship use in Type 0, and whom is putting the demo of FFXV with Type 0, there's no reason based on artistic vision, budget or logistics why this can't be done.

I know I'm making a big deal of this, but that's because it is.  This isn't just some vehicle that you can so easily get inside a GTA game whether it be a plane, awesome fast car or fighter jet.  Flying an airship in a FF game invokes such an incredible sense of uplifting freedom and power through the soundtrack and just seeing yourself travel the world to any destination quickly .  There's nothing like it.

Lube Me Up

ktay95 said:

We have no idea, could be like XBC where they just throw uber strong monsters at you at certain areas you shouldnt be visiting yet.

Xenoblade barely does that at all. It throws a lot of uber strong monsters at you in the middle of areas you are absolutely supposed to be in. Many of them will ignore you unless you provoke them, but some will attack on sight (or sound). Only a few small areas are guarded by obscenely powerful enemies early in the game (Windy Cave and the path connecting it to Zax Guidepost on Bionis Leg comes to mind). The important thing is that story progress (and the discovery of new regions) is never blocked by common enemies, only by quests and bosses. You can't go straight to the Colony 6 area immediately after reaching the Bionis Leg, for example, even on new game + when almost every enemy in the area will let you pass unhindered.

The gist of it is that encountering an enemy far more powerful that you in some games means than you shouldn't be there. In Xenoblade, it means deal with it.

This is all a bit off-topic though. XV looks big, I wonder if that's the whole map. If it is, I don't see why any transportation other than the car would be necessary (and maybe some kind of skip travel?), which seems cool to me.

For those interested in such comparisons, at a guess I'd say that the terrain shown looks like it's about 2-3 times the size of the Primordial Wilderness of Xenoblade X. Spoiler'd because even I'm tired of reading about either game in a thread specifically about the other.