By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XV World Map!!!

I actually used to hate FF XII, but now I can appreciate the gameplay and story. It's grown on me. Not the best FF, but still a good game. I find the XIII series to be quite lackluster though. Was going to give it another shot with the release of the PC version, but SE screwed up that port and I don't feel like downloading a 60 GB game I already mostly played on my PS3 off steam. I am very excited for FFXV though. It looks great. I hope I am not disappointed by it.

Around the Network

final fantasy lost its way a long time ago. they should go back to turn-based combat. FF15 does look good though...

artur-fernand said:

You're just fooling yourself if you think the bolded started with XII. Every. Single. Final Fantasy suffers from that. Yes, even VI and VII. FFX is one of the worst offenders on that aspect to be honest. And XIII, oh man... an 8-9 game is the new 0-1 apparently.

V and IX are the ones the suffer the least from that, but it still happens. There are a shit ton of people out there who hates the games you love, probably from the very same reasons you love 'em.

so true, i remember when ffvii and ffviii came out a lot of people loved to bash it in my school, even compared them to pokemon, others just said bad cus played them 15 minutes and said was boring, oh the good old days xD

sc94597 said:
I actually used to hate FF XII, but now I can appreciate the gameplay and story. It's grown on me. Not the best FF, but still a good game. I find the XIII series to be quite lackluster though. Was going to give it another shot with the release of the PC version, but SE screwed up that port and I don't feel like downloading a 60 GB game I already mostly played on my PS3 off steam. I am very excited for FFXV though. It looks great. I hope I am not disappointed by it.

ffxii would be a game that i would buy on steam to play it again on pc, ffxiii not even close xD

look really good but will it play just as good?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
prayformojo said:

Some people love it, some people hate it. I'd say at BEST, it's 60/40 with 40% loving it and that's the problem. FFX was a smashing success and so where all the other FF before it. So for me, FF12 was the point where things started to go wrong within the compnay. 

Some would say it started with FF X-2, and I'd agree if it weren't a side story.

You're just fooling yourself if you think the bolded started with XII. Every. Single. Final Fantasy suffers from that. Yes, even VI and VII. FFX is one of the worst offenders on that aspect to be honest. And XIII, oh man... an 8-9 game is the new 0-1 apparently.

V and IX are the ones the suffer the least from that, but it still happens. There are a shit ton of people out there who hates the games you love, probably from the very same reasons you love 'em.

I'm talking about majority here. I think if polled, FF12 would show to be the tipping point (mainline games). I think anything FFX and back would all poll pretty well.

sc94597 said:

It's good to see that more people appreciate FFXII because it's a really good game that imo got hate back in the day only because it dared to be different, and it's not only here but in other sites like neogaf where a lot of people like FFXII

AshKetchum1992 said:
sc94597 said:

It's good to see that more people appreciate FFXII because it's a really good game that imo got hate back in the day only because it dared to be different, and it's not only here but in other sites like neogaf where a lot of people like FFXII

That's how it works really. The latest Final Fantasy is the cool one to hate. I clearly remember people going crazy about how "lame" and "mmo-like" and "oh-it-plays-itself" the game was. By the time XIII was released, XII was "retconned" as "you know, it wasn't bad!"
I'm half expecting the same to happen with XIII as soon as XV comes out

I'm gonna have to wait on this. After XIII I have lost all hope for the franchise. They said they are going to go back to their roots and I hope they do. But what I've seen so far of the combat tells me something else.

This game is going to be one of the most amazing achievements in gaming history.

I'll have to take at least a week off when it releases.