By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY XV World Map!!!

shloob said:
daredevil.shark said:
Will it be open world like skyrim / gta? Or fake open world like Assassins creed? I am just curious.

How is Assassins creed fake open world? Unity is one giant ass Paris. it doesnt get any more open world than that.

I havent played unity and was referring previous titles.

Around the Network
VXIII said:
BraLoD said:
Can someone make a scale out of it? Would be pretty cool to know how big it is.

See that area in the red box :

it is this city :

A small part of the city is this map:

which is this :

Go figure.

If thats the case this is definately not bigger than Xenoblade X. Someone made a thread a few days ago asking which onw will be bigger and this world map does not even look bigger than Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii. Its kind of interesting to see FF going back to its original formula and Square including a world map though. Lets hope they still dont make it as linear and run out of budget on unecessary, overpriced cut scenes and actually use dev time to put playable content in there.

keroncoward said:

ts kind of interesting to see FF going back to its original formula and Square including a world map though. 

Agreed. That was the plan ever since the game was called Versus XIII. The original director was heavily involved in VII and VIII development, but not so much into the other main FF games. The similarities are obvious even in the world setting. 

AshKetchum1992 said:
prayformojo said:
Ljink96 said:
FF huh? Looks good, still not buyin.

My feelings as well. FF has become Sonic to me. If it goes back to pre FF12 days? I'm on bored. Otherwise...nope.

FFXII is great though

Some people love it, some people hate it. I'd say at BEST, it's 60/40 with 40% loving it and that's the problem. FFX was a smashing success and so where all the other FF before it. So for me, FF12 was the point where things started to go wrong within the compnay. 

Some would say it started with FF X-2, and I'd agree if it weren't a side story.

So the world is made of poop?

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
prayformojo said:
Ljink96 said:

My feelings as well. FF has become Sonic to me. If it goes back to pre FF12 days? I'm on bored. Otherwise...nope.

FFXII is great though

Some people love it, some people hate it. I'd say at BEST, it's 60/40 with 40% loving it and that's the problem. FFX was a smashing success and so where all the other FF before it. So for me, FF12 was the point where things started to go wrong within the compnay. 

Some would say it started with FF X-2, and I'd agree if it weren't a side story.

I started hating FF after FF X. The story for X was confusing rubbish, had no world map and the characters just were not interesting somehow. The only thing i remember people liking X for was the grid system for lvling up, other than that the game sucked in my book.

prayformojo said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
prayformojo said:
Ljink96 said:

FFXII is great though

No, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is where everything started to go wrong.

InnocentSin said:
prayformojo said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
prayformojo said:
Ljink96 said:

FFXII is great though

No, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is where everything started to go wrong.

That movie is such a complex issue too because Hironobu Sakaguchi did that, and I think the movie came out right after he started to have problems with Yoichi Wada.  EA wanted nothing to do with SE after that movie and separated from them.  Wada wanted to only make core FF games and nothing else.  No smaller creative games or anything, only games that sold alot and had the name "Final Fantasy" on it.  Sakaguchi and many others had a problem with this and left of course.  

I wonder if Sakaguchi made the movie out of spite. 

Lube Me Up

This game needs a PC release...

prayformojo said:

You're just fooling yourself if you think the bolded started with XII. Every. Single. Final Fantasy suffers from that. Yes, even VI and VII. FFX is one of the worst offenders on that aspect to be honest. And XIII, oh man... an 8-9 game is the new 0-1 apparently.

V and IX are the ones the suffer the least from that, but it still happens. There are a shit ton of people out there who hates the games you love, probably from the very same reasons you love 'em.