By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just Cause 3 Officially announced for PS4/XB1/PC

Just keep micro transactions out of it and I'm good

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I will think about getting it.. I have Just Cause 2 on Steam and it's pretty cool!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nice, I look forward to it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Hopefully the driving will be fixed for this one. The last game it was so shit I had to give up, getting around the city was a chore

I liked the second once I got used to the movement but it isn't the most polished game and most of the open world stuff is just filler. Like seriously I can only clear so many villages before it gets pretty damn boring. It's nice to say you have 400 hours of gameplay but if it's the same 4 missions of blowing up the installation and collecting the boxes it gets old fast.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
I liked the second once I got used to the movement but it isn't the most polished game and most of the open world stuff is just filler. Like seriously I can only clear so many villages before it gets pretty damn boring. It's nice to say you have 400 hours of gameplay but if it's the same 4 missions of blowing up the installation and collecting the boxes it gets old fast.

I've seen similar statements from people with 400-800 hours into Payday 1 or 2.  Can you really serious consider that critique after that many hours of gameplay?  It HAS to have some redeeming value, to replay those same 4 missions that many times...right?

mornelithe said:
platformmaster918 said:

I've seen similar statements from people with 400-800 hours into Payday 1 or 2.  Can you really serious consider that critique after that many hours of gameplay?  It HAS to have some redeeming value, to replay those same 4 missions that many times...right?

but I haven't put 400 hours into any game I don't think (except maybe Rome Total War).  I got bored of Payday when I got it free too because of that.  I'll replay a cinematic game but at least that's 10 hours of differentiation (the time it takes to get through each).  It just seems like they copy-pasted the same village/airfield/missile silo/dock/military base about 100 times each and said "look at how much content we just made!  Sorry but this seems like the most uncreative way to fill an open world.  I'm not saying it's worse than most other open worlds it just seems to get more praise for filling up its world when I feel like it did so in a cheap manner.  I've cleared about 35% and I still revisit it every now and then and clear an area or two but it would benefit from borders for the military as you take back areas or something.  Right now it just gets really repetitive and annoying.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Very interesting...Hopefully this time I get to finish the game... Part 2 just went on too long for me.

Munkeh111 said:
WINGSUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they can put some RPG progression or story into this one. I don't think I finished either of the first 2, certainly in the second one I just spent loads of time messing with the grappling hook. I don't think I ever got in a car in my main PS3 playthrough (I've done more messing about on PC too)

I'd also like a few less open world games... Nearly every game seems to be open world

What we need more of are hub worlds or semi-non-linear worlds because they tend to balance out so many interesting elements in games better than others such as usefulness of items, importance of decisions/importance of preparation and story.

Lube Me Up

platformmaster918 said:
mornelithe said:

but I haven't put 400 hours into any game I don't think (except maybe Rome Total War).  I got bored of Payday when I got it free too because of that.  I'll replay a cinematic game but at least that's 10 hours of differentiation (the time it takes to get through each).  It just seems like they copy-pasted the same village/airfield/missile silo/dock/military base about 100 times each and said "look at how much content we just made!  Sorry but this seems like the most uncreative way to fill an open world.  I'm not saying it's worse than most other open worlds it just seems to get more praise for filling up its world when I feel like it did so in a cheap manner.  I've cleared about 35% and I still revisit it every now and then and clear an area or two but it would benefit from borders for the military as you take back areas or something.  Right now it just gets really repetitive and annoying.

Well, it wasn't entirely aimed at you, simply the 400 hours statement.  Sorry if you took it that way (I didn't actually read it like you were saying you yourself had 400 hours).  There are several games that use copy/paste and repaint or apply different textures to mix up areas.  I think that was a sign of the resource restrictions that plagued last gen.  Remember, devs started tailoring games to consoles last gen and porting to PC, versus starting with PC, creating a scaling engine and then tweaking it to fit on the 360, or doing what was required to get it on the PS3.

As far as Payday, honestly, I do have over 430 hours in it, and I'm still not tired of it.  Freakin amazing when you have 4-5 friends who are consistently playing.  Going solo can be boring, rather quickly though.