By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just Cause 3 Officially announced for PS4/XB1/PC

Awesome, cant wait

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Is it a f2p game? Or $60 only game? Or $60 game with microtransactions?

Reading between the lines, it's either an episodic game based on what some user said or rather hinted at, at a lower price point, or a full priced game which has carved out content to sell as DLC.

But the latter can't be microtransactions because it's DLC.   Microtranasctions do get alot of hate, so it'd be wise to steer away from and simply phrase it a different way, even in reality it's the same.  Although microtransactions nowadays come to mean something different, in reality it just means paying for virtual good through micropayments.

The hope is there at least you can actually get the content in the game and it wont affect the gameplay by way of grind or artifical difficulty or something.

Still gotta play the second one.

TheSpindler said:
daredevil.shark said:

Reading between the lines, it's either an episodic game based on what some user said or rather hinted at, at a lower price point, or a full priced game which has carved out content to sell as DLC.

But the latter can't be microtransactions because it's DLC.   Microtranasctions do get alot of hate, so it'd be wise to steer away from and simply phrase it a different way, even in reality it's the same.  Although microtransactions nowadays come to mean something different, in reality it just means paying for virtual good through micropayments.

The hope is there at least you can actually get the content in the game and it wont affect the gameplay by way of grind or artifical difficulty or something.

Waah?  If you've never played them before wouldn't you at least look them up first?  It's an action adventure game in roughly the style of GTA - TPS, w/ driving lots of variety of armaments, a bionic commando grappling hook thing, a parachute (that's always avail..so you can plug a car and let it tow you around, helicopter use too).  No episodes that I recall, no microtransactions to speak of.

Think Mercenaries, something like that, with a grappling hook and a parachute.

oh hell yeah

Around the Network

Nice. I played the second one and it was fun. I think I actually got 1000G in it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Munkeh111 said:
WINGSUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they can put some RPG progression or story into this one. I don't think I finished either of the first 2, certainly in the second one I just spent loads of time messing with the grappling hook. I don't think I ever got in a car in my main PS3 playthrough (I've done more messing about on PC too)

I'd also like a few less open world games... Nearly every game seems to be open world

There will be wingsuits!?!?!? :O

Don't lie to me.

Will buy it day 1 if it fixes the issues with 2. Loved 2 but there were just frustrating parts to it that kind of made me stop playing.

Mystro-Sama said:
Munkeh111 said:
WINGSUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully they can put some RPG progression or story into this one. I don't think I finished either of the first 2, certainly in the second one I just spent loads of time messing with the grappling hook. I don't think I ever got in a car in my main PS3 playthrough (I've done more messing about on PC too)

I'd also like a few less open world games... Nearly every game seems to be open world

There will be wingsuits!?!?!? :O

Don't lie to me.

Just Cause 3 was just announced today, but we’ve received a few more tidbits of detail on what to expect in the new sandbox sequel from Avalanche Studios.

After the announcement, the games Steam page surfaced and provided a quick run down of things to expect from the game. Players will be struggling against the dictator General Di Ravello in the Mediterranean republic of Medici. More importantly, you will be covering “over 400 square miles of complete freedom from sky to seabed” during your adventure.

Other small pieces of detail include the confirmation that you will not only have a grappling hook and parachute to zoom about the world, but also a wingsuit to soar through the sky. Weapons will also include “shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes” to create complete chaos. There is also a brief line that there will be “online community features” included in the game, despite only being listed as a single-player game as of writing. A highly touted mod added multiplayer to the PC version of Just Cause 2 almost  one year ago, so it would be interesting to see the developers incorporate it in the full release this time around.

What do you think of there being a 400 square miles of map and the possible inclusion of some online community features like multiplayer? Let me know in the comments below. Just Cause 3will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC at a yet to be determined date in 2015.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/11/more-just-cause-3-details-revealed-on-steam-page-game-map-will-cover-over-400-square-miles/

mornelithe said:
TheSpindler said:
daredevil.shark said:

Waah?  If you've never played them before wouldn't you at least look them up first?  It's an action adventure game in roughly the style of GTA - TPS, w/ driving lots of variety of armaments, a bionic commando grappling hook thing, a parachute (that's always avail..so you can plug a car and let it tow you around, helicopter use too).  No episodes that I recall, no microtransactions to speak of.

Think Mercenaries, something like that, with a grappling hook and a parachute.

A user on NeoGaf was hinting at them changing the game to an episodic format and charging less upfront.  I was'nt talking about previous games obviously.

And yes I'd say they use microtransactions.  It doesn't seem the game has even gone gold yet but they have "items"(this is what they said) in the game already that you can purchase for small amounts of money.  You can try and steer and avoid the term microtransactions, but it'd still end up being microtransactions.

It just seems they wont be putting it in right away to avoid backlash.  But meh, we'll see.