By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - #PCMASTERRACE thing out of control

sc94597 said:
Kerotan said:
went onto that pcmasterrace reddit thing and a guy posts his possible pc build and asks is this enough to beat consoles. The thing came in at $849 and they were like check, check, looks good, ram is a little bit more than needed, oh wait your gpu will get bottle necked you should upgrade to this even more expensive one. Then they were like you will need a new monitor too.

Seriously this whole beat a PS4 for 400$ is bullshit that they spew on YT. But in their actual forums they're barely breaking 800$ when they talked amongst themselves.

So when you talk about console prices do you add your at least $400 HDTV to the price? 

You can certainly build a PC for $500 that outperforms the PS4 as much as the PS4 outperforms the XBONE. As for the guy you mentioned on pcmasterrace, it could be that he is overspending on the other components and underspending on the GPU. The GPU should cost about half (+/- 10%) as much as the total price of the system (unless you are buying multiple gpus.) My GPU cost about $200, and my PC cost about $500 (before OS; in total), for example. 

it was actually a $1200 TV and it was being bought whether anybody in my house game or not. Our 42" toshiba was ageing and need to be replaced. 

That's what the Playstations are hooked up to. I have a PC monitor as well but just for work so i'd need to buy a new one for gaming. And no a 500$ PC in my house wouldn't beat a PS4 because I'd have a few programs running on it non gaming related. Not much of a PC is it can only fo games because if that's what i wanted I'd buy a games console. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
sc94597 said:
Kerotan said:
went onto that pcmasterrace reddit thing and a guy posts his possible pc build and asks is this enough to beat consoles. The thing came in at $849 and they were like check, check, looks good, ram is a little bit more than needed, oh wait your gpu will get bottle necked you should upgrade to this even more expensive one. Then they were like you will need a new monitor too.

Seriously this whole beat a PS4 for 400$ is bullshit that they spew on YT. But in their actual forums they're barely breaking 800$ when they talked amongst themselves.

So when you talk about console prices do you add your at least $400 HDTV to the price? 

You can certainly build a PC for $500 that outperforms the PS4 as much as the PS4 outperforms the XBONE. As for the guy you mentioned on pcmasterrace, it could be that he is overspending on the other components and underspending on the GPU. The GPU should cost about half (+/- 10%) as much as the total price of the system (unless you are buying multiple gpus.) My GPU cost about $200, and my PC cost about $500 (before OS; in total), for example. 

it was actually a $1200 TV and it was being bought whether anybody in my house game or not. Our 42" toshiba was ageing and need to be replaced. 

That's what the Playstations are hooked up to. I have a PC monitor as well but just for work so i'd need to buy a new one for gaming. And no a 500$ PC in my house wouldn't beat a PS4 because I'd have a few programs running on it non gaming related. Not much of a PC is it can only fo games because if that's what i wanted I'd buy a games console. 

I didn't know the discussion was limited to your case. You specifically mentioned another guy who made a poor $800 build and then mentioned how for you a $500 Pc wouldn't beat a PS4 because you wouldn't play games on it. Well duh. What is the point you are trying to make?

sc94597 said:
Kerotan said:

I didn't know the discussion was limited to your case. You specifically mentioned another guy who made a poor $800 build and then mentioned how for you a $500 Pc wouldn't beat a PS4 because you wouldn't play games on it. Well duh. What is the point you are trying to make?

just answering what i thought you were trying to ask. either way neither what i or you are talking about is what this thread was created for. 

Jazz2K said:
Kerotan said:

or the ones saying why isn't this coming for xbox!

Port beggers... lol they're everywhere... I've seen more port beg for games on Xbox though.

Are you serious? I've majorly never seen that from people envying MS outside of Halo and Gears. Its generally Sony and Nintendo getting port begged from PC gamers. MS is the major reason why PC gamers think they have a shot at so-called "console exclusives" and i'm talking since MS joined the industry.

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
zarx said:
lol, you fell for Youtube trolls

fall for what? i just find it really annoying that a once good place for games discussion is utterly dead. 

Your trying to tell me youtube was once a good place for gaming discussions? hahahahaha you must of been visiting a completly different youtube then me. Plain fact youtube is full of fanboys from every gaming device and they are all as bad as each other plain and simple. Like others have said its pointless to get upset over youtube comments and even more so to make a thread about it.

Yeah, I've been using youtube since early 2005 when it was still an obscure site that users linked to from other video sites such Metacafe and Break and I have never in those nearly ten years seen a single healthy discussion on gaming. Or anything else for that matter, youtube has always been the bottom of the pit for crap comments and childish fanboys.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
zero129 said:
Kerotan said:
zarx said:
lol, you fell for Youtube trolls

fall for what? i just find it really annoying that a once good place for games discussion is utterly dead. 

Your trying to tell me youtube was once a good place for gaming discussions? hahahahaha you must of been visiting a completly different youtube then me. Plain fact youtube is full of fanboys from every gaming device and they are all as bad as each other plain and simple. Like others have said its pointless to get upset over youtube comments and even more so to make a thread about it.

Yeah, I've been using youtube since early 2005 when it was still an obscure site that users linked to from other video sites such Metacafe and Break and I have never in those nearly ten years seen a single healthy discussion on gaming. Or anything else for that matter, youtube has always been the bottom of the pit for crap comments and childish fanboys.

must be a problem with us gamers then. 

Kerotan said:
KungKras said:
Sounds like OP is a #DirtyConsoleGamingPeasant

In front of me i have a ps3 and ps4 connected to my sexy 52" Sony Bravio which was the newest model when i bought it december last year. 

In the room behind me I've quite a powerful work PC. And in the room to my left I've a sexy Alienware. 

I suppose that makes me some kind of #FilthyCrossBreedPeasant. 

No. You are a #GloriousGodGamer.

Let them PC only peepz be jelly and make petitions for ports, while we on the otherhand enjoy all the exclusives.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Funny thing is that on a Youtube video of AC Unity, a PC user said how he enjoys the game in 60fps, while several other PC users have called on his lie, claiming the game is to blame. The more I see the "master race" posting, the less I take them seriously.

deskpro2k3 said:
Kerotan said:
KungKras said:
Sounds like OP is a #DirtyConsoleGamingPeasant

In front of me i have a ps3 and ps4 connected to my sexy 52" Sony Bravio which was the newest model when i bought it december last year. 

In the room behind me I've quite a powerful work PC. And in the room to my left I've a sexy Alienware. 

I suppose that makes me some kind of #FilthyCrossBreedPeasant. 

No. You are a #GloriousGodGamer.

Let them PC only peepz be jelly and make petitions for ports, while we on the otherhand enjoy all the exclusives.

thanks but i'm not really lol. the only game i play on PC is the really old age of mythology. 99% of my gaming is on consoles but at lrast i have the choice unlike the real peasants who have to do with what mommy and daddy buys them! 

I'm getting kinda sick of it. Also, the PCMASTERRACEFTWBRO thing doesn't only happen in YouTube comments. It's all around the web. It's an obvious and sort of true statement to a degree, because good PCs do have a lot of advantages over consoles, but I don't understand how these MASTERRACE people just can't seem to accept that consoles do have a few advantages over them that make a lot of people prefer consoles over PCs. The master race thing is a joke gone out of hand, I guess.