By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Nintendo aims to create game ideas “that could have never happened before”, no news about VR yet

This obsession to innovate is gonna kill Nintendo.  I mean its great when lightening strikes, ie the Wii, but more often than not its gonna miss its mark, it the Wii U.

Around the Network
mophinz said:
yeah but before that happen here is another mario and zelda.

I dream about it...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Hahaha. He's right. You know this to be true. No one is trying to break new ground except for VR.

What are yall getting upset for. He acknowledges it makes business sense to continue with trends....he's just saying its boring.

Coming from a guy that has made Mario games since the 1980's

Ljink96 said:
The Wii U is the most differentiated game console right now. Miyamoto is simply saying that it makes sense to do what everyone else is doing but Nintendo doesn't like to follow fashion. They'd rather do their own thing and I respect that. I'd also agree that to an extent, it is boring that there are basically 2 of the same console on the market. If Nintendo wasn't doing what they're doing, the market would be... too normal. And that's not healthy for a market that is supposed to embrace difference.

Exactly this. And I agree.

NNID: setialpha

Around the Network

Not really surprised. They always have something up their sleeves, whether good or bad ;)

Mario FPS incoming?

mophinz said:
yeah but before that happen here is another mario and zelda.

If you aren't goimg to pick up W101,  Xenoblade X, or Splatoon that's not Nintendo's fault. 

Less talk and more action, Shiggy! =)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I like the idea of Nintendo being a place for insane developers to live out their perverted fantasies but as it is Nintendo is too conservative to truly become a paradise for creative minds. They sure do have the potential though, they just need to loosen up a bit.