By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Nintendo aims to create game ideas “that could have never happened before”, no news about VR yet

kljesta64 said:
mophinz said:
yeah but before that happen here is another mario and zelda.

he was not talking about IPs.

obviously you can't do new things with old IP ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

as long as it doesnt have Mario's face on it... more new IPs would be great.

Miyamoto seems to be cranky lately lol

t3mporary_126 said:
Miyamoto seems to be cranky lately lol

I think it might be more he doesn't have to watch too much what he says. Since there aren't many third parties on the system, he doesn't have to worry about offending them. Or, it's marketing by downplaying the competition. 

huiii said:
i don't see how the wiiu did anything different....

tablet controller....:P

Around the Network

He is right. My PS4 is pretty boring right now.

I'm expecting exciting games. Ala Splatoon but something else unique.

The Wii U is the most differentiated game console right now. Miyamoto is simply saying that it makes sense to do what everyone else is doing but Nintendo doesn't like to follow fashion. They'd rather do their own thing and I respect that. I'd also agree that to an extent, it is boring that there are basically 2 of the same console on the market. If Nintendo wasn't doing what they're doing, the market would be... too normal. And that's not healthy for a market that is supposed to embrace difference.

I think when he said "its boring", he meant from a creator's standpoint. Miyamoto basically has the freedom to do whatever he wants, I think its pretty easy to see why he would feel the strong arm of "business" would make the creation process less exciting...

I already posted this in "Reggie" thread, but now it makes even more sense - why Reggie wouldn't be cocky and pretentious when Miyamoto is?