By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

bananaking21 said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:

Sales would suggest WiiU and Nintendo need third parties badly.

The previous generation's winner and the fact that Nintendo is [now] swimming in money proves otherwise.

you realize WiiU is on track to be nintendo's worst selling home console ever, and 3ds is on track to be the lowest selling nintendo handheld ever, right? (not sure what Virtual Boy is considered)

(1) The generation isn't over yet.

(2) Nintendo is making money.

(3) Nintendo is making money without third party multiplats.

It's pretty simple logic really.

Around the Network

In related news, president of Red Lobster prefers fish over chicken.

Seece said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:

Yeah, you're still wrong. Not only do they need multiplats *snip*

There is a difference between the definition of "want" and "need". Go grab a dictionary. Its useful. ;)

I know the difference, you can ignore all the signs all you want, fact of the matter is they need third party and they need to compete with MS and Sony if they're to get anywhere in the future.

I really dont think you do.

Deeds said:
bananaking21 said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:

The previous generation's winner and the fact that Nintendo is [now] swimming in money proves otherwise.

you realize WiiU is on track to be nintendo's worst selling home console ever, and 3ds is on track to be the lowest selling nintendo handheld ever, right? (not sure what Virtual Boy is considered)

1. Nothing is going to change, at this point it'll be a miracle if WiiU overtakes Gamecube

2. Correction, they made a profit this past Q, they're fluctuating between Q's of profit and Q's of losses.

3. That doesn't mean they don't need them, because even when they profit it's far below usual Nintendo like profits. If you think Nintendo want to plod along with measly profits for the next 20 years you're wrong.

And yes, I do know the difference (again) I've provided reasons why they need them, you've not provided anything to argue.

Coming from the president of NOA, this is something of a non-story. What is he supposed to say? "Mario and Zelda blow; go buy a PS4 already"?

That being said, I agree with him 100%. Nintendo continues to go its own way, to the frustration of some but to the delight of others, myself included. The company, for better or worse, offers exactly what Reggie describes: a differentiated set of experiences. In an industry defined by the lowest common denominator, I, for one, am grateful for those uniquely Nintendo experiences.

Around the Network

Pretty sure Reggie and all the other top brass at Nintendo are very well aware they can't get traditional 3rd party support back, so I'm not really surprised by him saying this. They'll be attempting to carve a solid niche for themselves next gen because that's really all they can do in the games industry at this point. Reggie's statement just really drives that home IMO.

NNID: TheCCluc

badgenome said:
Deeds said:

Remember "PLAY THE GAME". Reggie does seem to get frustrated at times. Again, this doesn't sound like PR.

He gets frustrated with Geoff Keighley because Geoff Keighley is a frustrating shill.

Geoff Keighley isn't the only frustrating shill out there. Reggie needs to tone it down a notch though. Getting frustrated and then boasting about something that is common knowledge doesn't really instill me with much confidence of him being a great leader.

lol what else can he say? He'll never have those games so he xan as well pretend he doesn't need them.

Seece said:
Deeds said:
bananaking21 said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:

1. Nothing is going to change, at this point it'll be a miracle if WiiU overtakes Gamecube

2. Correction, they made a profit this past Q, they're fluctuating between Q's of profit and Q's of losses.

3. That doesn't mean they don't need them, because even when they profit it's far below usual Nintendo like profits. If you think Nintendo want to plod along with measly profits for the next 20 years you're wrong.

And yes, I do know the difference (again) I've provided reasons why they need them, you've not provided anything to argue.

So you are the thousandth person singing Nintendo is doomed because of "x" without realizing why corporations go into business? *yawn* You're boring. As for the bolded part..... nah you dont know.

I was hoping he would say that Cod sucks, and I'm disappointed.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!