By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

"Look at it from the standpoint of, what don’t they have? They don’t have our games. They don’t have Mario and Zelda."

And you don't have Sunset and Halo, or Bloodborne and Uncharted ... on top of not having third party!

I don't blame him tho, PR 101.

Around the Network

Look at what PS4/XBone don't have? Does he mean a 3rd party problem?

How about he looks at what his console doesn't have?

What a stupid thing to say.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Shocker, the guy is more proud of his companies offerings than the companies he is not a President for.

Seece said:
"Look at it from the standpoint of, what don’t they have? They don’t have our games. They don’t have Mario and Zelda."

And you don't have Sunset and Halo, or Bloodborne and Uncharted ... on top of not having third party!

PR? It doesnt sound like PR. It sounds like he is giving [particularly western] third party devs a scolding, letting them know, "We dont need you." *EDIT* Which is somewhat strange because Nintendo never needed them from the beginning. Maybe he is frustrated at being asked the same thing over and over.

Deeds said:
Seece said:

PR? It doesnt sound like PR. It sounds like he is giving [particularly western] third party devs a scolding, letting them know, "We dont need you." *EDIT* Which is somewhat strange because Nintendo never needed them. Maybe he is frustrated at being asked the same thing over and over.

Sales would suggest WiiU and Nintendo need third parties badly.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:

PR? It doesnt sound like PR. It sounds like he is giving [particularly western] third party devs a scolding, letting them know, "We dont need you." *EDIT* Which is somewhat strange because Nintendo never needed them. Maybe he is frustrated at being asked the same thing over and over.

The previous generation's winner and the fact that Nintendo is [now] swimming in money proves otherwise.

Nintendo is different and that's why they are still around. They aren't afraid to be different and they still make a ton of money without as much 3rd party support. Nintendo is in their own world in their own genre and they're making dollars and cents like no other. Some would say Reggie is cocky but the premise is still valid: Nintendo knows what they're doing is best for their company. Yeah, anyone can make a big dinosaur console that plays FPS and Ubisoft games but how boring would that be? Nintendo keeps the industry different, and I'm okay with that.

Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:

The previous generation's winner and the fact that Nintendo is [now] swimming in money proves otherwise.

They didn't need third party then, that is not now is it?

this is the dumbest PR i ever heard. you are comparing two other systems that have games that you dont have and say you want to be different? just because more than one competitor has a game doesnt justify you not having it reggie. obviously, speaking from sales figures there are million of people who want CoD over mario and zelda. 

"If you look at the other two competitive platforms, fundamentally, what’s the difference?"

well they have one thing in common that you messed, they are both better than the WiiU. have a good time with your "different" platform. 

Seece said:
Deeds said:
Seece said:
Deeds said:

They didn't need third party then, that is not now is it?

Let me clarify, they never needed third party multiplats to succeed. They never have and they never will need them.